Hacking Which Filetype do you use for backup wbfs-partition?

Which Filetype do you use for backup your games from wbfs-partition?

• ISO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CISO

• WDF

• WBFS

• FST

• I do not use wbfs.

• I do not backup my wbfs-partition.

• i do not know what a wbfs-partition is.

• I use another File - Type. Please Post which you use.

• WIA

• Total voters

wishmasterf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Which Filetype do you use for backup wbfs-partition?
Maybe you could tell why you use this Filetype and not another.

Note: a wbfs - partition is not a good backup-filesystem but the best for loaders on the wii !!. The question
below is whats your backup-filetype of that wbfs-partition.

HeadHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I use NTFS with WBFS files on it with CFG USBloader. WBFS files are smaller and NTFS is just convenient to store other data on my portable hdd

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HeadHunt said:
I use NTFS with WBFS files on it with CFG USBloader. WBFS files are smaller and NTFS is just convenient to store other data on my portable hdd
Same. I have my games on a NTFS parition in WBFS format, that's smaller than store the games on a WBFS parition. And my loader is of course Configurable USB Loader
yaywii.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FIX94 said:
HeadHunt said:
Same. I have my games on a NTFS parition in WBFS format, that's smaller than store the games on a WBFS parition. And my loader is of course Configurable USB Loader
yaywii.gif
do u guys ever run into problems when ripping a game to your NTFS partition using cfg loader? Just curious

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WBFS because I find it much easier to handle. Also, CISO ftw.

I may want to try a FAT32 drive but thing is... I would have to take out ALL my games and that will be a hassle so forget that.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
NTFS x 250GB + FAT x 50GB

WBFS files because of their size

XFlak said:
do u guys ever run into problems when ripping a game to your NTFS partition using cfg loader? Just curious

I just rip to FAT then move them over later on since direct NTFS ripping didn't work. I would like direct to ntfs though... I have no real use for my FAT partition.

HeadHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak said:
FIX94 said:
HeadHunt said:
yaywii.gif
I just use Wii Backupmanager, and rip them directly from ISO/cISO to WBFS on my hdd. Too easy for words.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Judging from the fact that WDF being in the list... (WDF files are not supported by any loader)

OP is asking what you are using as a secondary storage for your games or I am the only one here to interpret his poll that way?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use FAT32 with wbfs files for usb loading. No real backup, buit most of my games also have burns.

I use it because I like the ability for it to hold other files, and I like configurable usb loader. That and it holds more than wbfs partitions that way.

wishmasterf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
WDF seems to be the best Filetype to backup wii-games. Because the files have the lowest filesize. As i know Wiimm has made. I hope he will help the groups around usbloadergx and cfgusbloader to add support for that filetype on ntfs an fat32 partition.

so we would have lowest filesize and could directly play that games.

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use *.wbfs files on my fat32 for usb loading. I dont see any point in making a backup of a "backup" since I can just download them again (lol at ap) and play some originals while I wait.

wishmasterf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
elimist said:
I use *.wbfs files on my fat32 for usb loading. I dont see any point in making a backup of a "backup" since I can just download them again (lol at ap) and play some originals while I wait.

pirancy is not an option too backup!!!!

wishmasterf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
WiiCrazy said:
Judging from the fact that WDF being in the list... (WDF files are not supported by any loader)

OP is asking what you are using as a secondary storage for your games or I am the only one here to interpret his poll that way?

You interpret it right.

Is it so hard to understand to most guys?

HeadHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wishmasterf said:
WiiCrazy said:

You interpret it right.

Why are you being such a tough guy?

wishmasterf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
HeadHunt said:
wishmasterf said:
WiiCrazy said:

You interpret it right.

Why are you being such a tough guy?

i think you missunderstand me. im not tough. i only want to if i asked not the right question so not everyone interpret i right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.