Hacking Which DS Card to Choose for 10.5 Firm

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys am planning to buy a Flashcard to play DS games on my N3DS XL 10.5. I D K which card to buy. For now i can get R4 Dual Core card locally. but am not sure which year card is that. And i saw them playing with it using 9.9 firmware. Will a 2014 Card works with 10.5? If Yes i will buy it now itself.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
iitrc the last time nintendo blocked any NDS cards was in ver. 7.x (and even then it was only the DStwo which was updated to unblock itself) so if it worked on 9.x it will work on 10.5

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
no NDS card had been blocked in last upgrades, so if it works on 9.9, would work on 10.5.....im always recommended DSTWO...but its a good cheap option

greetings

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 SDHC Dual Core card in R4 website mentioned that it works on 10.3. And other cart sites listing that these card will work on 10.5. Am confused and afraid to buy the card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

iitrc the last time nintendo blocked any NDS cards was in ver. 7.x (and even then it was only the DStwo which was updated to unblock itself) so if it worked on 9.x it will work on 10.5

Reading Reviews on some sites. But am not sure...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the website must have just not been updated, as i said no NDS flashcard has been blocked since 7.x so any card that says it will work on 7.x would also work on 10.5

Reactions: VirusX2

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
The other question you need to ask apart from whether it will be compatible is what do you actually want to do with the cart. If you just want to play NDS games, a cheap R4 card will work. I use a R4i SDHC and it works well. If however you want to run emulators then the extra processing power in the DSTWO might be beneficial. However this cart is overkill if you're just playing NDS games.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the website must have just not been updated, as i said no NDS flashcard has been blocked since 7.x so any card that says it will work on 7.x would also work on 10.5

Thanks for the Clarification man...

The other question you need to ask apart from whether it will be compatible is what do you actually want to do with the cart. If you just want to play NDS games, a cheap R4 card will work. I use a R4i SDHC and it works well. If however you want to run emulators then the extra processing power in the DSTWO might be beneficial. However this cart is overkill if you're just playing NDS games.

Thanks for you too, Now i will buy this Stuff locally without any fear...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up