Three different R4 cards, can't get any of them to work..

Xtincthed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Throughout my years of collecting and playing I have used three different R4 cards

20230822_113800.jpg

The first one was used with my DS lite I got when Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass was released.
The second I got with my DSi XL and the last I bought with my Zelda 3DS edition. All were working initially, but through the years i repurposed the SD cards and now I can't get them to work..
I'd be happpiest with the 3DS one working, because that makes the other two redundant (and their respective consoles aswel).
I tried pretty much every firmware available at r43ds.org/pages/R4-3DS-Firmware.html but I always get the "reboot the system, there was an error" message.

My 3DS XL has the following firmware version
20230822_113856.jpg

I hope you guys know how to bring (one of) these cards back to life..
Thanks!

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Throughout my years of collecting and playing I have used three different R4 cards

View attachment 389647
The first one was used with my DS lite I got when Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass was released.
The second I got with my DSi XL and the last I bought with my Zelda 3DS edition. All were working initially, but through the years i repurposed the SD cards and now I can't get them to work..
I'd be happpiest with the 3DS one working, because that makes the other two redundant (and their respective consoles aswel).
I tried pretty much every firmware available at r43ds.org/pages/R4-3DS-Firmware.html but I always get the "reboot the system, there was an error" message.

My 3DS XL has the following firmware version
View attachment 389650

I hope you guys know how to bring (one of) these cards back to life..
Thanks!
Those flashcards are most likely blacklisted, you can bypass this by install custom firmware on your 3DS and using TWiLight Menu++.

https://3ds.guide

Xtincthed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Those flashcards are most likely blacklisted, you can bypass this by install custom firmware on your 3DS and using TWiLight Menu++.
thanks for the tip, i'll look into it! Complication is that my 3DS XL is the one with Zelda Link Between Worlds pre-installed, so if i change the firmware that's probably gone right?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Complication is that my 3DS XL is the one with Zelda Link Between Worlds pre-installed, so if i change the firmware that's probably gone right?
Not at all. Once you install CFW, it'll still remain on the system NAND.

Xtincthed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oke so i finished the whole process and have Twilight Menu++ installed, now to get the flashcart working (the 3ds one)

I'm following the installing guide " if you don't have an R4(i) ultra", but I do need to put some firmware on the cart before it functions right, not just the Twilight files. So which one should i use from the list on R43DS(org)
Post automatically merged:

i've used this version of the firmware
Wood_R4iGold_V1.64

and I'm getting fat:/_nds/Twilightmenu/main.srldr not found

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oke so i finished the whole process and have Twilight Menu++ installed, now to get the flashcart working (the 3ds one)

I'm following the installing guide " if you don't have an R4(i) ultra", but I do need to put some firmware on the cart before it functions right, not just the Twilight files. So which one should i use from the list on R43DS(org)
Post automatically merged:

i've used this version of the firmware
Wood_R4iGold_V1.64

and I'm getting fat:/_nds/Twilightmenu/main.srldr not found

You don't need the flashcart if you are using twilight menu

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can just put roms on the SD instead of the micro SD in the flashcart? I thought this was a way to get the flashcard working again

You can put rom on the SD card on the 3DS, if you really want to use the flashcart you have to figure out what firmware it use.

Xtincthed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can put rom on the SD card on the 3DS, if you really want to use the flashcart you have to figure out what firmware it use.
alright thanks, just tried an old rom of Contra 4 and it's working!

Only thing is, that the games run in "small screen" mode, as in not fully using the XL screen, is there a fix for that?
tbh i don't quite remember if roms on the R4 used the entire screen..

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto