Hacking Which do you prefer to run Wii homebrew on?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you prefer the Wii U to the Wii or the Wii to the Wii U and why? point of this post, isn't any just bored, so give meh attention and humor me lol :P

Includes anything from running emulators, home brew and USB launchers :D

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you prefer the Wii U to the Wii or the Wii to the Wii U and why? point of this post, isn't any just bored, so give meh attention and humor me lol :P

Includes anything from running emulators, home brew and USB launchers :D
On my PC using dolphin with DX12

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An actual wii over a wii u for wii related things. Don't mind having both a wii and wii u hooked up. Correct me if im wrong but i think if you mess up your vwii there is no way to recover it.

tOaO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well they are 99% identical. Only thing you have is native gc support on the original wiis. Since nintendont does support the gc-controller-adapter thats not really a problem. The only thing you can do better with the original wii (correct me if im wrong i actually dont own a wii) is boot directly into a usb-loader and have gamecube controller support for wii games(only a few that actually support that smash, mariokart, ect.). So i guess the only real disadvantage you have on the wii u is the boot process start->wiiumenu->wiimenu->loader vs start->loader and the gc-controller with wii games. However if you have 2 Systems you have more cables ect.. so i guess thats pretty much all...

EDIT: oh right you can have the tv screen on the gamepad on the wiiu, but that should be it

Last edited by tOaO,

Saturngamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the gamepad buttons could register as a gc controller, I would love it. I do like having the mini screen, however I would go with wii. I'm nervous about putting channels or games directly on the main menu with vwii. Having 4 gc ports on the wii is also a major bonus. I'm also way more comfortable with messing around with settings, ios and stuff on wii without worrying about screwing something to the point of no return. That being said, it's nice to have vwii using an hdmi cable without needing to buy adapters. So I guess for homebrew stuff, emulators, I would pick wii, but if it's a wii game I might lean towards vwii.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the wii. there are no forced updates and it has more manageable hacks. I have never even touched the vwii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...