Which do you prefer to run Wii homebrew on?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Centrix, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Centrix
    OP

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    Do you prefer the Wii U to the Wii or the Wii to the Wii U and why? point of this post, isn't any just bored, so give meh attention and humor me lol :P

Includes anything from running emulators, home brew and USB launchers :D

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    On my PC using dolphin with DX12

3. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    An actual wii over a wii u for wii related things. Don't mind having both a wii and wii u hooked up. Correct me if im wrong but i think if you mess up your vwii there is no way to recover it.

4. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    vWii because I can use the gamepad while still using my TV for other shit.

5. tOaO

tOaO Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2013
    Well they are 99% identical. Only thing you have is native gc support on the original wiis. Since nintendont does support the gc-controller-adapter thats not really a problem. The only thing you can do better with the original wii (correct me if im wrong i actually dont own a wii) is boot directly into a usb-loader and have gamecube controller support for wii games(only a few that actually support that smash, mariokart, ect.). So i guess the only real disadvantage you have on the wii u is the boot process start->wiiumenu->wiimenu->loader vs start->loader and the gc-controller with wii games. However if you have 2 Systems you have more cables ect.. so i guess thats pretty much all...

EDIT: oh right you can have the tv screen on the gamepad on the wiiu, but that should be it

Last edited by tOaO, Dec 4, 2015
  6. Saturngamer1

Saturngamer1 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    Canada
    If the gamepad buttons could register as a gc controller, I would love it. I do like having the mini screen, however I would go with wii. I'm nervous about putting channels or games directly on the main menu with vwii. Having 4 gc ports on the wii is also a major bonus. I'm also way more comfortable with messing around with settings, ios and stuff on wii without worrying about screwing something to the point of no return. That being said, it's nice to have vwii using an hdmi cable without needing to buy adapters. So I guess for homebrew stuff, emulators, I would pick wii, but if it's a wii game I might lean towards vwii.

7. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    I prefer the wii. there are no forced updates and it has more manageable hacks. I have never even touched the vwii

8. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Definitely wii, just because of the fact that every homebrew there is works on the Wii, whereas a lot of cool stuff won't work on vWii.

9. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Wii bc bootmii