Hacking Which chip is better to have when modding a wii?

cihccihtog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been reading my butt off the past couple days about modding and trying to decided whether I wanted to attempt to mod my wii myself. From what I've gathered from www.wiidrives.com my new wii has the D3-2 chip which if I understand correctly you cannot play dvd's on. Which probably isn't a big deal to most but since my husband blew up the PS3 that was our only method of watching dvd's.

So I have my new wii that says it has a GC2-D3-2 (v2) chip or I just found a used wii for sale with a GC2-D2B chip. Which would be better to have for soft modding?

Thanks!

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
personally I would recommend no chips nowadays... just softmodding especially with your wii.
My favorite modchip still would be the wiiwasp.

anyway it's up to you
wink.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh... maybe i got you wrong... my english is terrible... sry...

easy said, as older drivechip as better.... properly...
wink.gif

as far as i know softmodding works with all drivechips, but i'm not sure if anything is different then the DVD-R thing with the newer wiis.

joe_blow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The older the better, preferably one that can load bootmii as boot2. That way if things go wrong you can restore your Wii from a backup.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
joe_blow said:
The older the better, preferably one that can load bootmii as boot2. That way if things go wrong you can restore your Wii from a backup.

Your post doesnt make sense. They are talking about a D3-2 drive set. Means about the MotherBoard OF THE DVD-ROM DRIVE. NOT the motherboard of the WII. Yeah. you can just switch drives to be able to read backups with dvd, BUT about bootmii as boot 2, it will NOT CHANGE because the only thing you do is switching dvd drives.
Example,
I have a computer with xp, if i change my dvd-rom cuz its old, will it change my computer to vista? NO, cuz you are only changing the dvd and not changing between vista and xp.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
but you also have a bulky kind of thing on the bottom of your wii, and a cable coming out of the case
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night