Hacking Where's Your Sportsmanship Ashley?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SamAsh07
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,705
  • Replies Replies 16

SamAsh07

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
2,696
Reaction score
68
Trophies
2
Age
36
Location
Bahrain
XP
661
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
First of all, I do hope Ashley reads this and thinks about it.
AKAIO - A team who grabbed all the load of updating AceKards' Firmware. Had their 1.5 Firmware hacked/cracked for the R4i, but do you see them withdrawing back?? Nope. They just released 1.6 RC1.

Now Ashley, who gave us DSTT users a hope..left the hacking scene when her/his (Sorry idk what gender he/she is, going by the name, might be a girl) firmware got uploaded at ndstt's official site, now I have no idea what's wrong with that, ofcourse they didn't credit Ashley for the 1.17a12, BUT that doesn't mean that they credited themselves either.

Sorry Ashley but I don't think it was right for you to leave us DSTT users, who became your loyal fans, on the edge.
Your firmware only got uploaded on the official site, it didn't get hacked.

P.S. Who knows? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Ashley will update the firmware when Pokemon HG/SS come out on March 14th, all we can do again is - H.O.P.E
 
SamAsh07 said:
Sorry Ashley but I don't think it was right for you to leave us DSTT users
Who cares what you think? Ashley made the updates of his own free will and is/was under no obligation to continue the updates. Instead of sounding a little spoiled, you should be thanking Ashley for the few months of life he brought to your dead card. Those few months were plenty of time to save for a flashcard that actually gets updated.

QUOTE(SamAsh07 @ Mar 10 2010, 10:31 AM) Your firmware only got uploaded on the official site, it didn't get hacked.
I'm not sure about that. I think the DSTT people put the fake killer code back into Ashleys firmware.
 
Depravo said:
SamAsh07 said:
Sorry Ashley but I don't think it was right for you to leave us DSTT users
Who cares what you think? Ashley made the updates of his own free will and is/was under no obligation to continue the updates. Instead of sounding a little spoiled, you should be thanking Ashley for the few months of life he brought to your dead card. Those few months were plenty of time to save for a flashcard that actually gets updated.

QUOTE(SamAsh07 @ Mar 10 2010, 10:31 AM) Your firmware only got uploaded on the official site, it didn't get hacked.
I'm not sure about that. I think the DSTT people put the fake killer code back into Ashleys firmware.

Ashleys so called firmware was just a few modified files external to the actual firmware code itself, thus he/she can't bitch about them stealing his/her shit when he/she stole their work first.
 
Saving for what? This stupid country sells nothing more than R4s and DSTTs, and my parents don't allow online shopping.
 
That would be your problem then.
I don't see why would you question his sportsmanship (not that it has anything to do with that).
 
Normmatt said:
Ashleys so called firmware was just a few modified files external to the actual firmware code itself
But of course.

QUOTE(SamAsh07 @ Mar 10 2010, 11:49 AM) Saving for what? This stupid country sells nothing more than R4s and DSTTs, and my parents don't allow online shopping.
Then you have my sympathies. Still, you have a strange way of showing gratitude to Ashley for game fixes he/she/it/them have given you access to.

As I am not an unkind man here's a straw for you to clutch upon; There's now a simple tool that allows people to make changes/additions to the extinfo.dat - the file which contains the game fixes. Theoretically this means that if you know the hex changes needed to fix a game you can add it to the extinfo yourself.
 
How about just showing some gratitude to someone who updated the firmware to let us all play the latest games with the DSTT? Maybe if more people showed some appreciation, Ashley would have remained at the scene and continued his good work.

And for those people who say he basically made some minor modifications or that anyone can now do so with a simple tool - well, I don't see people out there doing it. And if you think people are updating this data, its unreliable and doesn't work.

I for one appreciate Ashley's work and hope he comes back.
 
I think all of us DSTT owners feel a little cheated. By TopToy, not by Ashley, who was kind and talented enough to do the work that TopToy should have been doing.

I thank him for the ability to play many of the recent games that have come out since TopToy did their disappearing act.

I like my DSTT - simple and stable. For the cost of a happy meal.

So thanks Ashley (who's probably not reading any of this).
 
markiej said:
I think all of us DSTT owners feel a little cheated. By TopToy, not by Ashley, who was kind and talented enough to do the work that TopToy should have been doing.

I thank him for the ability to play many of the recent games that have come out since TopToy did their disappearing act.

I like my DSTT - simple and stable. For the cost of a happy meal.

So thanks Ashley (who's probably not reading any of this).
Now THAT is a good, nice post. Indeed, the DSTT team have stopped updating, and you should all be happy someone wanted to update the firmware of the DSTT in their place. Respect, Ashley.

I suggest you get new flashcards though, maybe Ashley won't update anymore (and of course the DSTT team won't update either) and you'll be stuck with a card on which most of the new games simply don't work.
 
I'm just waiting to see if it'll update for SS. If it doesn't, hello AK2i.
 
I don't know why Ashley and others have to big babies when a file gets uploaded to a site. Who gives a shit how the firmware ends up on a card? You can download Akaio directly from the Acekard site. Now if Ashley just got sick of updating the DSTT I can understand that. There are so many DSTT's out there someone is going to come out with updates in any case.
 
Depravo, you are so kind to provide that tool, now about Hex Editing, Lol @ that, I know nothing, but that doesn't mean I'll give up, youth and early 20's are the days of learning new things, so google my friend may help.
 
SamAsh07 said:
Depravo, you are so kind to provide that tool, now about Hex Editing, Lol @ that, I know nothing, but that doesn't mean I'll give up, youth and early 20's are the days of learning new things, so google my friend may help.

I wish i could make much sence of it myslf lol!

For beginners http://www.flexhex.com/docs/howtos/hex-editing.phtml
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted