Gaming Where's the hype for Luigi's Mansion 2?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I picked this game up yesterday, funny story:

I go to the WalMart in my town to buy this game, because EB Games never had it. I bought it, brought it home, opened it up, saw the instruction booklet but it's only French. I think to myself
"Weird, usually the english is first". Looked through the rest of the pamphlets, nothing. Now I like to have my games complete. Sometimes I like to read the instruction booklet because it reminds me of something that I forget. But nope, no english instructions. I know you can access them on the 3DS, but sometimes it's nice to just get a quick look at the controls and go "OH YA!".

Anyways, I did a google search, and found that I'm not the only one, it's a lot of us in Canada who only received the french manual regardless of where we lived. I thought that was odd, because I heard the Pokemon game that launched the same day, had both manuals. I contacted Nintendo with the following:

I just bought my copy of Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. I'm living in British Columbia Canada, and it didn't come with an english instruction manual, instead only the french. After a quick google search I see that I'm not the only one affected by this. There are tons of people like me who like to read the pamphlets and such, as more often than not, I forget that I can do something and the instructions remind me.

I'm aware that you can access the instructions on the 3DS itself, but I'd really like a physical copy as it just feels better.

I read that apparently it's a law in Canada that all games have to be shipped with french instructions, but there's no law about english instructions. Which is baffling. If there are instructions on the cartridge itself that are also in french, why is there even a french instruction pamphlet?

I'm just wondering if it's at all possible to get a copy of the physical instructions so I can put in my case.

Thank You,

I get the reply:
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. I appreciate this opportunity to respond and will make sure the appropriate departments at Nintendo are aware of this situation.

I have included an attachment to this email with an English version of the Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon instruction manual. A PDF version of the instruction book can also be downloaded and printed from our support website:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/3ds.jsp

If you have any other questions or concerns regarding this issue, please write back and let us know.

Sincerely,

Brian McFarlane
Nintendo of America Inc.

I respond with:
I'm just curious as to why there's only a French instruction booklet available. I get that you guys want to be more green. But if both the french and english manuals can be accessed on the 3DS console itself, why include a French instruction booklet and not a English one, or why add one to begin with?

Their response:
Hello,

Thank you for writing back. I'm sorry to hear you never received an English manual with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and I can understand your disappointment. Unfortunately, I don't know why you and certain others only received a French version. However, by using your email address, I'm happy to report that I was able to access your Club Nintendo account and send you an English copy of the manual to the mailing address you have on file.

This manual will ship via Canada Post and should arrive in 4-11 business days once it leaves our warehouse. I hope you can still enjoy your game!

Sincerely,

Kevin Anderson
Nintendo of America Inc.

That's cool, I'm happy I'm getting it.

Also sorry for the messy post, tried to clean it up, can't figure it out.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to copy your save files in this game? I let my kids play and I am really nervous about them deleting my game save...it seems so easy to do in this game. Every time you start it asks Load or Delete. Usually I will just copy my game save to other slots incase one gets accidentally deleted but I don't see a way to that in this game. I have put in 6 or 7 hours and I will be devastated if I have to start over.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Loving the game!

Haha maybe I'm just weird but I'm really happy I got the glow in the dark LM2 cover, it sits on my shelf and is easily visible at night :3
Wish there were more gimmick cases, right now besides LM2 I have a lenticular 3D one, an orange one and two four with reversible covers.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will probably be getting my copy of dark moon, either sometime tomarrow or in the next few days. From what I have read so far, it seems like a fantastic game. Of course the toughest competitor for my next 3ds game, was between this or monster hunter 3 ultimate.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi's mansion dark moon is one of the best games on the 3ds in my opinion.

that is good to hear, however i have to wait and resell some old games again next month or so. every store out by me was completely sold out, of dark moon and had no clue when it would be back on shelves.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone else having connection problems on multiplayer? sometimes all of the sudden i go from playing with multiple people to playing by myself, both online and local. i was playing with three friends all sitting at my kitchen table and all the sudden were each just playing by ourselves.

Reactions: MarioFanatic64

DoctorSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone else having connection problems on multiplayer? sometimes all of the sudden i go from playing with multiple people to playing by myself, both online and local. i was playing with three friends all sitting at my kitchen table and all the sudden were each just playing by ourselves.
Nope

SebCroc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.csfgpapercraft.com
XP
Country
Is there any way to copy your save files in this game? I let my kids play and I am really nervous about them deleting my game save...it seems so easy to do in this game. Every time you start it asks Load or Delete. Usually I will just copy my game save to other slots incase one gets accidentally deleted but I don't see a way to that in this game. I have put in 6 or 7 hours and I will be devastated if I have to start over.
Not directly, unfortunately. Though you can buy the digital copy and let them use that copy instead of the cartridge, but I doubt you'd want to buy the game again :P I guess you just have to trust your kids with it.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Must be a bug, hasnt happened to me when I was playiing through local download play

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I just finished!

942641_585298508170703_337608303_n.jpg

I can confirm that the money after you upgrade the Poltergust 5000 to the Super Poltergust is Useless. Other thing is that the battle with King Boo was MEH compared with the battle in the first one. Other than that the game is awesome one of the best games in the 3DS. Plus it has Online Multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1