Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was just in Walmart and saw a blue/black 3ds xl with serial number SW123xxxxxx. Would you have bought it, hoping for a 4.5 firmware? According to the faq, it is one, right?

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I was just in Walmart and saw a blue/black 3ds xl with serial number SW123xxxxxx. Would you have bought it, hoping for a 4.5 firmware? According to the faq, it is one, right?

*IF* I did not have a 4.x already, I would've taken the chance provided the price is right and the box is still factory-sealed (round transparent stickers). SW10x and SW11x are 4.x for sure, the FAQ says SW12x is as well and you have a low SW12x in your hands. If it's regular priced at $180 or up I'd probably wait for the New3DS XL and gamble GW will come up with a solution in time or else go with the newer Sky3DS variant.

AlexaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Does 3ds purple is below 4.5 US? And how about 3ds white JPN?

Sorry if this a repeat question, it's a emergency!

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country

Food

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up a red xl with SW12 On it a few days back at my local frys they were on sale for 179.99 saw about 3 with SW12 and one with SW13

comp1demon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the wiki (Red/Black 3DS XL: SW1279xxxx x), it should be 4.5 or less

I kind of figured, while I was technically asking, it was really more rhetorical. Find it funny - I got it from sears from a internet post. LOL I had a feeling I was going to get NOS (new old stock) from Sears. I was very happy it was SW122

Anyways. Now that I have a 4.5 3DSXL - I need to get a gateway.. any suggestions of where to buy that is reputable today?

Also I have a 3dsXL that is over 5.0 - I Was going to do the nand fash on it. I assume I can read the nand from this DS and then flash it to my other DS that is Over 5.0?

Thanks in advance guys

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I kind of figured, while I was technically asking, it was really more rhetorical.

Anyways. Now that I have a 4.5 3DSXL - I need to get a gateway.. any suggestions of where to buy that is reputable today?

Also I have a 3dsXL that is over 5.0 - I Was going to do the nand fash on it. I assume I can read the nand from this DS and then flash it to my other DS that is Over 5.0?

Thanks in advance guys

nope. each NAND is specific to the 3DS from where it comes from. you can't use it on another 3DS

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
SO is there a way to dump a nand from a DS over 5.0 and make it gateway compatible?

3DS with firmware between 5.0 and 9.2 will be compatible with the new GW update. (at least 7.0-9.2 will)

You can't downgrade a 3DS or use other 3DS's NANDs on a different 3DS.

You can dump a NAND from any 3DS with hardmods but there's no way to modify the NAND to make it be compatible with GW if it isn't originally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast