Hacking where to get a ds cart anymore?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More or less as the topic title says, and to avoid necro'ing an otherwise inactive thread.

my OG DStwo is basically dead. have to face facts on that one. And try as I might, I can't seem to flash my GW Blue cart to work as an NTR one; not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but at least it seems to still be usable. Sure, it helps that a DSi and a 3ds can run TwilightMenu++, but I have to say I do miss how good the homebrew was that used the resources of the DStwo. And it's sad that for as improved as the DStwo plus was, everyone just seemed to focus on it being an alternative that tripped the Gateway brick code. in any case, it seems I am in need of at least one (probably two) DS flash carts. one I can just pop in and run games and homebrew, and ideally, another that I can use for NTR if I ever have to buy another 3DS for any reason.

Actually, now that I think about it, might it be possible to flash the GW Blue cart into an NTR cart from TwlightMenu? If so, that might solve the secondary problem I'm hoping to solve.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, unfortunately they seem to be out of both the original DStwo and the DStwo Plus. On the flip side they have an AK2i; IIRC that's one of the few that seems to really work well with TwilightMenu.

That said, I'm still fuzzy about another thing; namely, a lot of people seemed to be talking about flash cart time bombs. how prevalent is this kind of thing? I'd want to find out more about it, but I don't even know enough to know how prevalent of a problem it is, or what to do if I somehow end up with a cart that's afflicted.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-2020-R4-Gold-Pro-SDHC-for-2DS-3DS-NDS-NDSi-NDSL-game-card/274470031317?hash=item3fe7b04fd5:g:vxUAAOSwBTldrng7&LH_BIN=1

those have timebombs, they are also ntrboot compatible, timebomb is in the kernel, using ysmenu or ndsboostrap bypasses it, just set the time to an earlier date

also, these r4 are a r4 clone dstt , its a dstt not r4, they also made attempts to block other kernels from loading

supercards and acekards don't really have clones and don't have timebombs

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://www.aliexpress.com/

External 🎤

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER