Hacking Where to buy an N3DS (preferably non-xl) from under 9.2 FW?

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'm in the US and I want to run Reinand so I can do's an exploit. Don't ask. I wont tell for... 4 or so days.

darkredflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're gonna want to search pawn shops if you don't have any stores that would be considered low-traffic for consumers in your area. For example, KMart is a low-traffic store in my area, which means that the stock there would be more likely older since they aren't selling as many. If you can't find it anywhere in a local area, your best bet would be on ebay and try to find a 3DS with a lower firmware specifically.

Reactions: Zidapi

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, if you'd live in germany, i would say that in my gamestop are several used n3ds with FW=<9.2 for sale

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For hard mods I work exclusively with @hundshamer for all mods and repairs. I simply do the software side but hard mods are available with every unit I sell

Software side I'm good. Still learning, but steadily moving upward. All I want is to send my N3DS out to get hardmodded. Wanted to get a quote. Do you offer that service?

OP - just do what I did and spend a day sifting through stores. I went to about 5 different shops till I found one at a Gamestop. I simply asked for the clerk to look through the barcodes to find one fitting the 9 2 or below versions based off of this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/

Won't take too long if you live in near a city. Check the obscure places - Sam's Club, Kmart, Target, etc. They will be the ones with older firmware N3DS.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think, when you buying now a non XL from Amazon, it's a crapshoot. Mine was with 9.2 but only because I bought a MH4U n3ds XL and they came all with 9.2.

Try to ask at every gamestop, if you can try their n3DS out. When you have bad luck, check every store, preferably low traffic stores where they sell them the serial number.

Good luck.

Reactions: OctopusRift

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Might be an idea to check eBay. That's where mine came from, not a private seller, but rather an independent business with an eBay shop. They're more likely to be helpful with checking serial numbers/FW versions if it means they'll get a sale.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.