Hacking I want to upgrade from my Hombrewed O3DS to a N2DS XL

Skechy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I’ve been wanting to change device from my O3DS (Homebrewed) to a N2DS XL the 2DS and keep my O3DS data of games and stuff. Would I need to do any procedures or can I simply just take my SD card out of the O3DS and put it on the N3DS XL

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same Luma version and all running luma 11 on the O3DS then do I just swap SD card
No, not unless you used the 0 file. Assuming you didn't, you would need to reinstall your games. You can convert them all to CIA in GodMode9 on your original unit. Dump their save data as well. Then just copy them and batch install them on the new device (or, my personal preference, once they are dumped, install them on PC with new SD card (already set up with cfw) using custom-install (https://github.com/ihaveamac/custom-install), or any (batch) installer on the 3DS, such as FBI.

Skechy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for your help I don’t have the time or the patience at the moment to do all of that but it was very appreciated I’ll just use my other device as a secondary DS

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I’ve been wanting to change device from my O3DS (Homebrewed) to a N2DS XL the 2DS and keep my O3DS data of games and stuff. Would I need to do any procedures or can I simply just take my SD card out of the O3DS and put it on the N3DS XL
You can use the official Nintendo System Transfer app. After you do the System Transfer, you can install CFW on the new unit and then run Faketik to restore all your homebrew. It is quite straightforward.

The downside to this is that your o3DS will be completely wiped. It will still have boot9strap installed, but none of your old software.

Skechy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the official Nintendo System Transfer app. After you do the System Transfer, you can install CFW on the new unit and then run Faketik to restore all your homebrew. It is quite straightforward.

The downside to this is that your o3DS will be completely wiped. It will still have boot9strap installed, but none of your old software.
Maybe I’ll try that my o3DS is slowly decomposing the A button sometimes doesn’t register and one of the speakers is broken the o3DS had its run

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto