Hardware Where Should I Buy A Replacement Wii DVD Drive?

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I have this spare Wii that has a bad/broken DVD drive; it "whirrs" and will not pull in discs.
Since the system is old enough and has compatible boot2 access, I've had fun testing various homebrew apps on it.
But, now I'm thinking about selling it, and I'd like to fix the DVD drive so that it has normal Wii functionality.
Where is the best place to buy replacement Wii DVD drives?
Replacing the DVD drive doesn't mess with boot2 access, right?

Thanks, for any info.
:unsure:

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think any store have that. My suggest is order online like ebay, amazon, and other website they might have. If you know how to take off your wii.

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think any store have that. My suggest is order online like ebay, amazon, and other website they might have. If you know how to take off your wii.
Thanks. I have three Wii consoles. My first Wii (launch), I disassembled and modded with the TeamCyclops CycloWiz Modchip.
The chip installed successfully and played GC backups well, but I was only ever able to get it to play one Wii backup (Heatseeker).
At the time, there were no "softmods", and it was the highest-rated modchip. To this day, however, I regret installing it.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modchipcentral is where I got mine. Still doing fine 2 years later.

EDIT It should be noted that if youre just putting in a new drive to sell it, its probably not worth it for what you would spend on the drive vs what you could get for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described