Hacking Where is the Wiikey U?

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
jesus christ you kids get so worked up over piracy devices around here, why dont we all just go back to playing the huge backlog of wii and ps3 games without buying any stupid ass DRM dongles and forget about the failures of this "generation"

Devils advocate here, but it sounds like you're implying that this type of craze didn't happen last generation.

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
if the fusion is a rumor than how come nintendo have registered a domain for it?

You do know that it's been registered for years ....Nintendo Fusion was a music event tour by Nintendo, held in 2003??
Lets not try to hype something up out of nothing, yet again! ...because some lame Nintendo fanboy website, post another speculation about something they know nothing about.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
jesus christ you kids get so worked up over piracy devices around here, why dont we all just go back to playing the huge backlog of wii and ps3 games without buying any stupid ass DRM dongles and forget about the failures of this "generation"

"Piracy devices" - sheesh....I'd love to PAY to play some Japanese games on my Wii U, but Nintendo doesn't want my money, cause region lock. I wanna import Fatal Frame V and the Taiko no Tatsujin games, but I fucking can't. Had I had something like this, I would.

Reactions: MorpheuZ

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Piracy devices" - sheesh....I'd love to PAY to play some Japanese games on my Wii U, but Nintendo doesn't want my money, cause region lock. I wanna import Fatal Frame V and the Taiko no Tatsujin games, but I fucking can't. Had I had something like this, I would.

I doubt an ODE would so anything to get around region lock. If the disc wont play, how will a emulated copy of the real disc play?

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt an ODE would so anything to get around region lock. If the disc wont play, how will a emulated copy of the real disc play?
It likely wont, but used in conjunction with a region free loader (after the kernel exploit has been released for a bit) you could load import wii u isos...

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not emulating the disc, it's emulating the drive itself.

Is the region lock on the drive or the software on the disc? I would think it would be on the software. If that is the case an ODE by itself can allow the modified code to run?

PS
Yes it emulates the drive, but I doubt a modified disc image would work. Hence what I said if the disc won't play I doubt an ODE would make it play.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a few specific bytes in the ISO (same as on a Wii disc - Wiibrew seems to be down so use this cache http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Disc ). By choosing to only send specific/wrong information to the console you can "fake" the region.
The problem with that is it will break the games signature and the starbuck wont let it run. I think a software based loader that functions like gecko would work (loads whatever original disc is in the drive while blatantly ignoring the region info on tge disc) as in theory, this should leave the signature fully intact. Its possible that an IOSU exploit might be needed for something like that though, im not sure

MorpheuZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't mean to be a douche here, reviving this PoS thread, but have anyone heard anything concerning
either the WiikeyÜ or the Cobra UDE?
I've since long(read 6 months ago, back on page 11) given up hope that any of these products will see the light of day, but it would
be interesting if they are still "working on it".

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to be a douche here, reviving this PoS thread, but have anyone heard anything concerning
either the WiikeyÜ or the Cobra UDE?
I've since long(read 6 months ago, back on page 11) given up hope that any of these products will see the light of day, but it would
be interesting if they are still "working on it".

No. Come back next year and maybe they'll have figured out a different way to make it work on something higher than 3.0.1 firmware (doubt it though).

Reactions: Margen67

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just the other day in another thread someone made the claim that that the problem is economics. There is just not a large enough market to make it profitable for development and production. Makes sense to me as a possibility although as NWP states it could also be technicial.

Although I am excited to see what becomes of the upcoming exploit and even bought a 2nd console only on eBay, backup loading just isn't as big a priority on this system for me. The release schedule is sparce and at least in the U.S. A little patience and some googlefu yields excellent results for 2nd hand titles. I acquired about 23 since December and have not touched half of them for more than a few minutes. To focused on mk8 and smash right now. :) It really didn't even bug me to buy the mk8 dlc bundle a second time.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the site is wiped.
All of the old links return 404
Actually it's giving 403 error. (permissions issue)
xkey which is on the same server is up.
3key also on same server seems to be mostly deleted.
drivekey is error 403 so is hdmlkey. Gonna guess it's been locked because it's being killed. But someone actually from their team would have to tell you that for sure.

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Actually it's giving 403 error. (permissions issue)
xkey which is on the same server is up.
3key also on same server seems to be mostly deleted.
drivekey is error 403 so is hdmlkey. Gonna guess it's been locked because it's being killed. But someone actually from their team would have to tell you that for sure.

Well these old links are 404
http://wiikey.com/buy-wiikey/
http://wiikey.com/products/
http://wiikey.com/news/
http://wiikey.com/resource/
http://wiikey.com/contact-us/
So yeah looks like they're being killed

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

HTFLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Wiikey.com is down because they're planning on having a Wiikey U Official Site. Don't know anything for sure but that's my guess.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Wiikey.com is down because they're planning on having a Wiikey U Official Site. Don't know anything for sure but that's my guess.

Its been down for like over a month now, I highly doubt it. I think they're jumping ship *sighs*. Not that I could use one now anyways, but would've been nice for the rest of the community to have a method to backup their games. Yay for false hope! :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same