Netherlands
1a31cfd19c.png

Yeah, those coming weeks never came.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im fine with delays, but i dont have a wiiu yet and waiting for an ODE before i buy, so i wish they would release a statement that finally clears up confusion on weather or not we need the browser expolit to dump our drive keys ,before it gets harder to find a lower FW wiiu ,though i would think this will not happen anytime soon,there must be plenty still in stock

Reactions: pedrobarca

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im fine with delays, but i dont have a wiiu yet and waiting for an ODE before i buy, so i wish they would release a statement that finally clears up confusion on weather or not we need the browser expolit to dump our drive keys ,before it gets harder to find a lower FW wiiu ,though i would think this will not happen anytime soon,there must be plenty still in stock

I saw an intersting bit on a vendor page listing WiiKeyU features....

Wiikey U does not rely on CFW or any particular original firmware. The console can be updated and used normally. When installing Wiikey U for the first time the unique drive key for the console has to be obtained - which only needs to be done once - and can be done with software.

To wich I say how is this going to be done? Some type of exploit will seem to be needed. The webkit exploits are the only ones we really know of, maybe they have a game exploit we don't know about.

I am holding on 5.1 but really hating it as I want to get on eShop and buy a Teslagrad and SteamDig. If a method exists to get those keys I wish they would leak it so we can get our keys, update and be ready for ODE when it arrives.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw an intersting bit on a vendor page listing WiiKeyU features....

Wiikey U does not rely on CFW or any particular original firmware. The console can be updated and used normally. When installing Wiikey U for the first time the unique drive key for the console has to be obtained - which only needs to be done once - and can be done with software.

To wich I say how is this going to be done? Some type of exploit will seem to be needed. The webkit exploits are the only ones we really know of, maybe they have a game exploit we don't know about.

I am holding on 5.1 but really hating it as I want to get on eShop and buy a Teslagrad and SteamDig. If a method exists to get those keys I wish they would leak it so we can get our keys, update and be ready for ODE when it arrives.

It's likely they will have an additional hardware component that can extract the drive key from the drives. It would be able to be used multiple times.

Or they will build it into the hardware for the WiikeyU itself.

Xizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy games? For a peasant box? Fuck that shit.

Consoles and handhelds are strictly in the "piracy-only" territory for me, and I'm proud of it. Nintendo and their disgusting business model of shitting out a watered down, incredibly weak, proprietary computer every five years and proceeding to hold all their software hostage to it won't see a dime out of me. I refuse to support the business model of exclusives, but I won't punish myself by not playing them either - I'll just pirate them.

The only time I buy games is on PC. My Steam/Origin/Uplay libraries combined have over 500 games.

ztoben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, fuck them because they make something that people like to buy. All valve is worried about is your money too, don't worry.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy games? For a peasant box? Fuck that shit.

Consoles and handhelds are strictly in the "piracy-only" territory for me, and I'm proud of it. Nintendo and their disgusting business model of shitting out a watered down, incredibly weak, proprietary computer every five years and proceeding to hold all their software hostage to it won't see a dime out of me. I refuse to support the business model of exclusives, but I won't punish myself by not playing them either - I'll just pirate them.

The only time I buy games is on PC. My Steam/Origin/Uplay libraries combined have over 500 games.

So you are an elitist PC gamer eh. You don't really deserve access to Nintendo games.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guy cut it out. I knew where this thread was going from the second I read the title. Do not derail this into a conversation over the ethics of piracy. We all know it will just get locked if you go there. Please stay on topic.

x Mac Gear x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's likely they will have an additional hardware component that can extract the drive key from the drives. It would be able to be used multiple times.

Or they will build it into the hardware for the WiikeyU itself.

It says right there that it can be done with the software so shouldn't need anything extra. I'm a lil confused as to why drive keys need to be extracted. The wode jukebox for the wii doesn't need keys. The 3k3y for the ps3 doesn't need keys neither. Keys are normally used for flashing like with the 360. If I understand correctly ode's plug between your drive and board bypassing the drive(emulating it) trick it into loading from USB,SD,ext hard drive to. I personally have the wode couple wires, then load the firmware after that good to go. I could be wrong I'm not the greatest at tech talk lol.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says right there that it can be done with the software so shouldn't need anything extra. I'm a lil confused as to why drive keys need to be extracted. The wode jukebox for the wii doesn't need keys. The 3k3y for the ps3 doesn't need keys neither. Keys are normally used for flashing like with the 360. If I understand correctly ode's plug between your drive and board bypassing the drive(emulating it) trick it into loading from USB,SD,ext hard drive to. I personally have the wode couple wires, then load the firmware after that good to go. I could be wrong I'm not the greatest at tech talk lol.

Because the Wii U locks the board to the specific drive. To fake the same drive, you need to pretend to be that specific drive, meaning, you need the drive key.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr