Where is the Wiikey U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Willemoke, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Willemoke
    OP

Willemoke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    It's been some time since the pre-orders started, does anyone know what the actual release date is?

pedrobarca likes this.
  2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, those coming weeks never came.

AboodXD, Yepi69, chrisluna413 and 2 others like this.
  3. Chujowski

Chujowski Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2013
    Croatia
    KriĹževci
    Delays are to be expected

Margen67 and pedrobarca like this.
  4. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    im fine with delays, but i dont have a wiiu yet and waiting for an ODE before i buy, so i wish they would release a statement that finally clears up confusion on weather or not we need the browser expolit to dump our drive keys ,before it gets harder to find a lower FW wiiu ,though i would think this will not happen anytime soon,there must be plenty still in stock

pedrobarca likes this.
  5. crwys

crwys GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Its up in fairytale land with the rest of the drive keys for the Wii U.

6. Imparasite

Imparasite GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2008
    Norway
    Norway
    They just Trolling us :) better watch rick roll videos LOL :)

Dr.Hacknik, pedrobarca and Kippykip like this.
  7. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    I saw an intersting bit on a vendor page listing WiiKeyU features....

Wiikey U does not rely on CFW or any particular original firmware. The console can be updated and used normally. When installing Wiikey U for the first time the unique drive key for the console has to be obtained - which only needs to be done once - and can be done with software.

To wich I say how is this going to be done? Some type of exploit will seem to be needed. The webkit exploits are the only ones we really know of, maybe they have a game exploit we don't know about.

I am holding on 5.1 but really hating it as I want to get on eShop and buy a Teslagrad and SteamDig. If a method exists to get those keys I wish they would leak it so we can get our keys, update and be ready for ODE when it arrives.

TeamScriptKiddies and pedrobarca like this.
  8. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    It's likely they will have an additional hardware component that can extract the drive key from the drives. It would be able to be used multiple times.

Or they will build it into the hardware for the WiikeyU itself.

pedrobarca likes this.
  9. Subzero100

Subzero100 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    United States
    "where is the wiiukey U?"

i was wonder the same thing.

pedrobarca likes this.
  10. Slartibartfast42
    This message by Slartibartfast42 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 27, 2014, Reason: Keep it civil -rp.
    Sep 17, 2014
  11. Xizer

Xizer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2008
    United States
    Buy games? For a peasant box? Fuck that shit.

Consoles and handhelds are strictly in the "piracy-only" territory for me, and I'm proud of it. Nintendo and their disgusting business model of shitting out a watered down, incredibly weak, proprietary computer every five years and proceeding to hold all their software hostage to it won't see a dime out of me. I refuse to support the business model of exclusives, but I won't punish myself by not playing them either - I'll just pirate them.

The only time I buy games is on PC. My Steam/Origin/Uplay libraries combined have over 500 games.

12. ztoben

ztoben Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, fuck them because they make something that people like to buy. All valve is worried about is your money too, don't worry.

pedrobarca likes this.
  13. phanteon

phanteon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    theres no reason to release a device thought to pirate games, when there are no games to pirate

Dr.Hacknik, pedrobarca and weatMod like this.
  14. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    Ehh there are. You can find them on the piratebay or google.
    Also when it will be released it may be expected to release dumped games.

pedrobarca likes this.
  15. ZeroLimits

ZeroLimits Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2011
    Canada
    Earth
    I think he figuratively meant that the Wii U has no games

gamefan5, pedrobarca and phanteon like this.
  16. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    So you are an elitist PC gamer eh. You don't really deserve access to Nintendo games.

17. Slartibartfast42

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Then what have I been spending money on? They certainly look like games to me. Just yesterday, we played Mario Kart and Donkey Kong. How could there be no games when I have like 12. There are actually hundreds of Wii U games.

pedrobarca and digipimp75 like this.
  18. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    zomg you actually buy games for the PC? especially from uplay what the fuck is wrong with you?!

19. Rinnux

Rinnux GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    Guy cut it out. I knew where this thread was going from the second I read the title. Do not derail this into a conversation over the ethics of piracy. We all know it will just get locked if you go there. Please stay on topic.

Margen67, bostonBC and pedrobarca like this.
  20. x Mac Gear x

x Mac Gear x Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2014
    United States

It says right there that it can be done with the software so shouldn't need anything extra. I'm a lil confused as to why drive keys need to be extracted. The wode jukebox for the wii doesn't need keys. The 3k3y for the ps3 doesn't need keys neither. Keys are normally used for flashing like with the 360. If I understand correctly ode's plug between your drive and board bypassing the drive(emulating it) trick it into loading from USB,SD,ext hard drive to. I personally have the wode couple wires, then load the firmware after that good to go. I could be wrong I'm not the greatest at tech talk lol.

pedrobarca likes this.
  21. Slartibartfast42

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Because the Wii U locks the board to the specific drive. To fake the same drive, you need to pretend to be that specific drive, meaning, you need the drive key.