Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by huma_dawii, Feb 20, 2019.

?
  1. June 15th

92 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Never

57 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

142 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. Right after Atmosphere

124 vote(s)
    24.8%
  5. With Bacon and Cheese

84 vote(s)
    16.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinkle

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    And emunand. And USB loading. Gosh you atmosphere zombies have such short attention spans!

MrGizMo and smf like this.
  2. Disharmony16

Disharmony16 ~DooM-BringeR~

Aug 31, 2015
    United States
    Troll Islands
    i bought sx os for emunand, free games yes nsp the most illegal thing on my emunand while on stock i can play my bought games with their online features like a charm :), no worrys, till atmosphere or reinx add that feature i'll leave sx os, because there is no other reason for it.

3. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    If you don't care about emunand let me guess, you're already banned or "don't care about nintendo online cause you don't want to pay $20 a year". Atmosphere will eventually implement it but until then sx is the only cfw with emunand and that enable us to have the best of both worlds right NOW. Online + cfw.

Last edited by JJTapia19, Mar 7, 2019
    gizmomelb and Ita54_2 like this.
  4. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Hopefully emunand will make it back to the top of SciresM todo list soon.

Don't forget cheat support. It will officially be in atmosphere soon & I suppose you could build it yourself but as it may be bugged then it's worth waiting for it to be release.

Last edited by smf, Mar 7, 2019
  5. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    He’s working on TMA next iirc

CloudLep likes this.
  6. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I thought he said he worked on thermosphere when he felt like it and he doesn't feel like it because it's hard as it's too memory constrained.

AFAICT the other emunand implementations work in a different way and he doesn't like them.

7. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    He already figured out what he was gonna do about the limited memory thing iirc. He’s currently working on debugging stuff (dmnt and tma, he’s already finished dmnt), I’m guessing he’ll start actively working on thermo again after he finishes the debugging stuff

Dragonx41, Essasetic and CloudLep like this.
  8. gnilwob

gnilwob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Watch this video and think about how long it would take to bring this library from one "whatever" cfw switch to another "whatever" cfw switch.

For SX switch, you just unplug the usb cable, bring it along and plug it in to another SX switch.
    I paid money to buy time.

As soon as Atmosphere has cheat + "NSP without installation", I will consider to switch over.
    But for now, XCI + Cheat + Emunand kind of fit with my needs the most.

9. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    That, and no further support for updates lol

g4jek8j54, ghjfdtg, natkoden and 3 others like this.
  10. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2014
    Yeah, because you copy over the entire library every day instead of adding as wanted/needed...

11. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    atmosphere 0.8.5 is out & still no SX OS update, free OS vs paid OS !! lol

12. Meepers55

Meepers55 Flintstones Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    How did this turn into an SX OS vs Atmosphere thread? The topic is on when the next SX update is, no?

gizmomelb and ceycey like this.
  13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Because you can't spell SX OS without drama.

14. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Also about the guide. Turns out I had lost everything that I did (because my dumbass forgot to save). So just replicated what I did before (with a few tweaks) and I'll start making further progress when I can. Sorry about that :/

15. Meepers55

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    I guess this is a problem with most cfw update threads; they get off topic too easily.

thaikhoa and Draxzelex like this.
  16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I agree. On-topic, I would honestly give TX another month to release an update. Its not like Atmosphere auto-magically supported firmware 7.X; its been about 2 weeks since they dropped public support for it.

17. Meepers55

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    Yeah, people don't realize that it can take a while to implement these things. I don't know how TX is going about, but they'll release support eventually. Same for ReiNX.

gizmomelb likes this.
  18. JBMario

JBMario Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2019
    France
    The problem is most people don’t understand that SX OS has multiple features that others, including Atmosphere, don’t have. Emunand, XCI loader and HDD support are examples. Yes, Atmosphere supports 7.x and yes, SciresM is definitely the best developer out there. But keep in mind that Atmosphere is a "basic" CFW — not saying it's bad, just an observation.

Is it a shame that SX OS hasn’t been updated for 7.x yet? Yes and no. The worst part is that they give no ETA at all, not even an update of their current work. But as of right now, 7.x is not a requirement at all so let’s not pretend that everyone has to switch to Atmosphere suddenly.

Ita54_2 likes this.
  19. Meepers55

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    I wouldn't say Atmosphere is a basic CFW at all really, but that's not the point of this thread. It's just to discuss/predict when the next SX OS update will be released.

20. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2014
    It's "basic" just because it's missing your piracy features which are not even the intended use case? emuNAND that one i give you but there is nothing basic about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.