Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by huma_dawii, Feb 20, 2019.

?
  1. June 15th

92 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Never

57 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

142 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. Right after Atmosphere

124 vote(s)
    24.8%
  5. With Bacon and Cheese

84 vote(s)
    16.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloudLep

CloudLep GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Austria
    are you stupid? they cracked it on day one which i already proved to you, SciresM said it was working on day two and that tweet was on day three?

2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    SciresM is super fast at doing stuff

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I never said SciresM didn't crack firmware 7.0 on Day 1. I said he never ran Atmosphere on firmware 7.0 Day 1. What are you on about?

ZachyCatGames likes this.
  4. Goffrier

Goffrier GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    What if DMCA doesnt exist in china :bog:

5. CloudLep

CloudLep GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Austria
    and if its cracked they have it working somewhat... do you think that they waited a day before they tried loading into the os? that's completely ignorant :rofl2:

6. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    That's not how it works...

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    As good as SciresM is, not even he can just magically make CFW run on a new firmware. He has to update the code for the new keys, test it, make sure it doesn't break compatibility with other firmwares, etc.

8. CloudLep

CloudLep GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Austria
    please enlighten us then with how it works? :creep:

9. Goffrier

Goffrier GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    So,before releasing 7.x support sciresm made some bug hunting he is not a kamikaze

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

please atleast stop being retarded please

10. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    What he had to exploit was the TSEC. The TSEC does its shit very early during startup. Just because he pwned the TSEC doesn't automatically mean that everything else is gonna work without modification

ghjfdtg and Draxzelex like this.
  11. CloudLep

CloudLep GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Austria
    if you're testing out a new firmware you dont need to make sure it works on older fws, this is about it loading on 7.0 for the first time, not the public release of atmostphere

toxic9 likes this.
  12. Goffrier
    This message by Goffrier has been removed from public view by Chary, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Mar 7, 2019
  13. CloudLep

CloudLep GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Austria
    i never said it magically works, but to say it wasnt working to some extent on day one is just ignorant..

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Of which you haven't provided any evidence of. Even the man you are defending agreed with me and said he got it running on Day 2. Again, what are you on about?

15. CloudLep

CloudLep GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Austria
    you clearly dont know how programing works..

16. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    It didn't work on day one at all. He had to update a lot of stuff to support 7.0.0 before it worked at all

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Mar 7, 2019
  17. Goffrier
    This message by Goffrier has been removed from public view by linuxares, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Mar 7, 2019
  18. CloudLep
    This message by CloudLep has been removed from public view by x65943, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: reply to trashed post.
    Mar 7, 2019
  19. Goffrier
    This message by Goffrier has been removed from public view by linuxares, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Mar 7, 2019
  20. oldsk00l

oldsk00l GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Stop being childish please and exchange your phone numbers. Thx

tomazzzi and CloudLep like this.
  21. CloudLep
    This message by CloudLep has been removed from public view by linuxares, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Mar 7, 2019
  22. Goffrier
    Mar 7, 2019
  23. Rodrigo Mafra

Rodrigo Mafra GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2016
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    There's nothing about how people spend their money, it's about TX earning this money on top of the hard work of people working for free, and without give any credits to those people...

g4jek8j54 and ghjfdtg like this.
  24. CloudLep
    This message by CloudLep has been removed from public view by linuxares, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: stop it.
    Mar 7, 2019
  25. Goffrier
    This message by Goffrier has been removed from public view by linuxares, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: flamebait.
    Mar 7, 2019
  26. Meepers55

Meepers55 Flintstones Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    This is way past off topic now

CloudLep likes this.
  27. Goffrier
    This message by Goffrier has been removed from public view by Chary, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Mar 7, 2019
  28. Goffrier
    Mar 7, 2019
  29. CloudLep
    This message by CloudLep has been removed from public view by Chary, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Mar 7, 2019
  30. Goffrier
    Mar 7, 2019
  31. CloudLep
    This message by CloudLep has been removed from public view by Chary, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Mar 7, 2019
  32. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    How does it affect you? Why are you so upset that people spend money on something that has nothing to do with you?

33. natkoden
    This message by natkoden has been removed from public view by Chary, Mar 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Mar 7, 2019
  34. mrjoshuaco

mrjoshuaco GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    To be fair, if you're talking about the context of Atmosphere, they're likely in the clear - unless someone wants to get creative and make an argument for facilitation. If you're talking about the context of the OP's statement about things like the DS carts or SX OS, then it's fairly clear violation of the second portion Title 1. These devices and software are clear circumvention, in both practice and intent. Now, that said, Real Networks v DVD CCA established that while fair use (making a legal copy you own, etc) was protected, the actual production and manufacture of the enabling device or software was not, and is subject to enforcement. So to answer your question, it's Section 103 (17 U.S.C Sec. 1201(a)(1)) that's relevant. To add, I manage an IT division for a VERY large and well-known media company (among other things) and have sadly had more involvement in the enforcement of this than I care to admit.

That said, I only added this as an FYI, since you asked. It is however, off-topic, so I'll limit any further replies. Feel free to delete if I misunderstood the context of the question - I've generally tried so skim through some of the nonsense so that's entirely likely.

0x3000027E and linuxares like this.
  35. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Don't expect it to ever happen anytime soon lmao.

Tldr is that they'd need to use sept or pwn the TSEC entirely. The latter is possible but the 'sploits for those are private. They can easily do the former, but that's also basically complete admittance they're using Atmosphere (which would effectively be a dead knell for them) since sept is compiled with a splash that properly credits Atmosphere (this coincidentally is also why ReiNX hasn't updated) and is then signed with a set of keys that is private.

Basically, until further notice, TX is dead in the water.

36. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    This thread as run it's course. It's apparent people can't behave and should go to bed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.