Hacking Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

When will SX OS 7.0.0 support come?

• June 15th

Votes: 92 18.4%
  • Never

Votes: 57 11.4%
  • Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

Votes: 142 28.5%
  • Right after Atmosphere

Votes: 124 24.8%
  • With Bacon and Cheese

Votes: 84 16.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

That has nothing to do with your claim of Atmosphere running firmware 7.0 on Day 1 of firmware 7.0 which was January 28th.
are you stupid? they cracked it on day one which i already proved to you, SciresM said it was working on day two and that tweet was on day three?

D

Deleted User

I never said SciresM didn't crack firmware 7.0 on Day 1. I said he never ran Atmosphere on firmware 7.0 Day 1. What are you on about?
and if its cracked they have it working somewhat... do you think that they waited a day before they tried loading into the os? that's completely ignorant :rofl2:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and if its cracked they have it working somewhat... do you think that they waited a day before they tried loading into the os? that's completely ignorant :rofl2:
As good as SciresM is, not even he can just magically make CFW run on a new firmware. He has to update the code for the new keys, test it, make sure it doesn't break compatibility with other firmwares, etc.

Goffrier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So,before releasing 7.x support sciresm made some bug hunting he is not a kamikaze

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

please atleast stop being retarded please

D

Deleted User

As good as SciresM is, not even he can just magically make CFW run on a new firmware. He has to update the code for the new keys, test it, make sure it doesn't break compatibility with other firmwares, etc.
if you're testing out a new firmware you dont need to make sure it works on older fws, this is about it loading on 7.0 for the first time, not the public release of atmostphere

Reactions: toxic9
D

Deleted User

What he had to exploit was the TSEC. The TSEC does its shit very early during startup. Just because he pwned the TSEC doesn't automatically mean that everything else is gonna work without modification
i never said it magically works, but to say it wasnt working to some extent on day one is just ignorant..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're testing out a new firmware you dont need to make sure it works on older fws, this is about it loading on 7.0 for the first time, not the public release of atmostphere
Of which you haven't provided any evidence of. Even the man you are defending agreed with me and said he got it running on Day 2. Again, what are you on about?

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if that's true as I haven't spent any money, have you?

Another fact, a lot of people seem angry with what other people spend their money on.
There's nothing about how people spend their money, it's about TX earning this money on top of the hard work of people working for free, and without give any credits to those people...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's nothing about how people spend their money, it's about TX earning this money on top of the hard work of people working for free, and without give any credits to those people...

How does it affect you? Why are you so upset that people spend money on something that has nothing to do with you?

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just gonna stop you there, show us WHERE in the DMCA it said this is anyhow illegal. Else keep it to yourself since it's off-topic.
To be fair, if you're talking about the context of Atmosphere, they're likely in the clear - unless someone wants to get creative and make an argument for facilitation. If you're talking about the context of the OP's statement about things like the DS carts or SX OS, then it's fairly clear violation of the second portion Title 1. These devices and software are clear circumvention, in both practice and intent. Now, that said, Real Networks v DVD CCA established that while fair use (making a legal copy you own, etc) was protected, the actual production and manufacture of the enabling device or software was not, and is subject to enforcement. So to answer your question, it's Section 103 (17 U.S.C Sec. 1201(a)(1)) that's relevant. To add, I manage an IT division for a VERY large and well-known media company (among other things) and have sadly had more involvement in the enforcement of this than I care to admit.

That said, I only added this as an FYI, since you asked. It is however, off-topic, so I'll limit any further replies. Feel free to delete if I misunderstood the context of the question - I've generally tried so skim through some of the nonsense so that's entirely likely.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't expect it to ever happen anytime soon lmao.

Tldr is that they'd need to use sept or pwn the TSEC entirely. The latter is possible but the 'sploits for those are private. They can easily do the former, but that's also basically complete admittance they're using Atmosphere (which would effectively be a dead knell for them) since sept is compiled with a splash that properly credits Atmosphere (this coincidentally is also why ReiNX hasn't updated) and is then signed with a set of keys that is private.

Basically, until further notice, TX is dead in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: