Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by huma_dawii, Feb 20, 2019.

?
  1. June 15th

92 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Never

57 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

142 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. Right after Atmosphere

124 vote(s)
    24.8%
  5. With Bacon and Cheese

84 vote(s)
    16.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I'm sure there's more users who realised it wasn't the right choice for them.

CloudLep and Lacius like this.
  2. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Good point.

3. roamin

roamin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2006
    Australia
    reality is gba is full of devs and open source code, when a company like tx steal that code, then release it for a price and its splattered all over gbatemp, the fanbois of both sides will always argue.
    if sxos fanbois dont want to see or hear it then i suggest you go to TX website and ask on there forums, heck wouldnt it just be common sense to ask these pathetic when will 7.0 be supported questions on the site the devs work with, not gbatemp?

4. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    i have lowered myself to their level, but when u get trolls on here telling you Atmos has the same features as SX, or even better features , then it's hard to sit back and let the lies continue.

I've nothing against Atmos

gizmomelb likes this.
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It's not an assumption.

Instead of misrepresenting my position, you should look at what I said about the average user, as well as my response to that 250,000 number. Aware of the choice between free NSP files and XCI files with a price tag, the average user will usually pick the free option, as most people did with CIA files during the lifespan of the 3DS. That's what led to the death of Gateway. We also don't know how many of those 250,000 (assuming that's a truthful number) were aware of free alternatives.

I've never had to uninstall a game, but if I did want to uninstall a game, I'd do it from my Switch's system settings, which actually sounds a lot easier than powering off my Switch, popping in my SD card, removing the XCI file, popping my SD card back in, and using TegraRcmGUI to launch Atmosphere.

My point was that SX OS might already be less profitable than it would take to work hard on 7.0.x support, if their sales have stalled since the release of free backup-loading CFW options.

I hope you're not arguing that this has been my position.

CloudLep and peteruk like this.
  6. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    maybe but they are still selling now, there are posts on here still with users asking where is the best place to buy it. my 2 friends at work if their switches were not patched ones they would have bought SX to, because of the ease of use.

7. TPMJB

TPMJB GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York

There's like 5, MAYBE 7 good games out right now. But cool that TX is saving filthy casuals from having to buy a few games for a dying system

CloudLep likes this.
  8. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    gaming elitism? fuck off troll..

RedHunter likes this.
  9. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    [QUOTE="Lacius, post: 8534302, member: 124912"

I hope you're not arguing that this has been my position.[/QUOTE]

no I've still got some respect for you from the 3ds days ;)

for me the major selling point of SX is it's ease of use, anyone can copy and paste a file to a sd card, then just as easily delete it, People I know, they buy the switches for their kids and they want it as simple as possible to get games on their kids switches. some don't want to start installing games or using utils to do it.

gizmomelb likes this.
  10. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    not just docked but undocked too which i use the most.

as for the price,it's still cheaper than buying 400GB internal SD & more flexible as you can have more than one usb stick

11. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    I mean if all you own is a 4gb SD and your game is 3gb, rather than having to install an nsp just drag and drop a new game

12. tinkle

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    I personally use my 400GB MicroSD for RetroArch romsets, my most current played games, and then also have multiple USB-C thumbdrives for other games that I can always have available. That's what the benefit of USB and XCI is. I have a JRPG USB-C pendrive. One for indie games. One for multiplayer games. There's nothing tethered or achored about it. I can switch them immediately and instantly too .

JoeBloggs777, gizmomelb and satel like this.
  13. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Phew. If you said this about the Vita or maybe the Wii U, but you actually referring to the Switch as a dying system basically disqualifies you from any credibility

monkeyman4412 and hippy dave like this.
  14. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Don't feed the troll

15. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Addict

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    All other CFWs > SXOS.
    Atmosphere and Hekate with KOSMOS SD Pack already supports 7.0.1.
    And this CFWs are fuckin FREE OF CHARGE.

If you're using SXOS, your problem. Just switch to one of the good CFWs.

CloudLep likes this.
  16. The14thfly

The14thfly GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2018
    Switzerland

Ok, how ever why are you this salty about what people use.

RedHunter likes this.
  17. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Addict

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    It's not because I'm salty.
    It's because I just can't understand why people are paying money for pirating games using software and hardware they could get for free.
    Especially because the free alternatives are way better than the paid method.

CloudLep likes this.
  18. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    Maybe because no other cfw have xci loading. It's the only advantage I find.

gizmomelb and Ita54_2 like this.
  19. The14thfly

The14thfly GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2018
    Switzerland

This argument has been refuted before.

You're not paying for piracy. You're paying for certain features. If you're paying for pirated content then yeah it's hard to understand how ever that's not the case here.

Also the free alternatives aren't better. They have their own flaws and currently they are a mess just like this entire community.

The fact that people are grinding their teeth at other peoples purchases that don't affect you is just sad. And I'm not using it as an insult. It is actually sad.

If you want people to see your point of view do it in a respectful manner instead of just throwing shade or getting mad or getting others mad.

This is why I see this entire post to be so stupid.

gizmomelb likes this.
  20. arianadark

arianadark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    the switch a dying system? what drug are you on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.