Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by huma_dawii, Feb 20, 2019.

?
  1. June 15th

92 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Never

57 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

142 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. Right after Atmosphere

124 vote(s)
    24.8%
  5. With Bacon and Cheese

84 vote(s)
    16.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Honest questions.
    Why would you want / need XCI loading? othern than NSP loading?

Lacius likes this.
  2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    There are two reasons people usually say:
    1. Drag and drop convenience, even though installing NSP files over USB is essentially the same thing.
    2. Mitigating ban risk, even though XCI files also carry ban risk.

gummyren, CloudLep and ScarletDreamz like this.
  3. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Only real reason is if you have a small SD card and can only fit a few games on there and want to drag and drop to change them

4. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    not having to install or uninstall it, just copy and paste, the whole game is in 1 file not a directory. easy to se whats you've got stored on your SD card, then again I'm just a average user :D

gummyren and gizmomelb like this.
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    One can install NSP files to the SD storage using a USB connection. It can work similarly to what you're describing.

CloudLep likes this.
  6. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Managed to get @Escobar69xxx on Atmosphere with no problems. Converted the Hekate payload to boot.dat to use with a SX Pro. Will likely make a thread soon enough showing people how to convert (if they wish to do so).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I've learnt quite a bit from this. Thanks for giving me something productive to do. :)

Lacius likes this.
  7. nightshadowon

nightshadowon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2011
    United States
    I have no problem with 7.01 and emunand on 6.02 using SX OS. Play Fortnite on 7.01 and no problem with XCI or NSP loading on 6.02. No AutoRCM, SX OS pro dongle with 2.5.3

Burn762 likes this.
  8. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    no its not the same, i don't want a game installed in a sub directory, i'd rather have a image file i can easily copy and paste, and also delete easily without using a util

If a game i want to download is in XCi and NSP format, i still go for the XCI version

gummyren, MachRc and gizmomelb like this.
  9. huma_dawii
    OP

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Drag and drop , everything in a single XCI. Less risk for ban.

gizmomelb and JoeBloggs777 like this.
  10. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    with SX OS you can have the big titles aka 12GB+ as XCi on external usb stick & leave the internal sd card no matter how big it is for the most played titles. i was ignorant just like you until i decided to go for SX OS in 2019 & then i knew why people recommend it.

11. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Again, if anybody wants help converting from SX OS to Atmosphere don't hesitate to contact me (whilst I get a friendly tutorial cooked up).

CloudLep and Lacius like this.
  12. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you want to install/reinstall a game, install the NSP file over USB. If you don't want the game, delete it using the Switch's system settings. If that's too hard, SX OS might have been the right choice for you.

USB installations of NSP files are analogous to "drag and drop," and XCI files still carry a ban risk.

If docked USB support was worth the price tag for you, great. It's a good thing you bought SX OS. For the average user, that's probably not worth the price tag, especially given the anchored nature of it.

CloudLep likes this.
  13. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    When you waste 30 dollars on a piece of useless software and try to justify it.

14. huma_dawii
    OP

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Well my XCI only (including DLC and Updates inside of them) strategy has keep me safe from ban hammer. So. No I don't buy your assumption.

15. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    we're average users, 250,000+ of us , if we are not, what are we?

and yes SX was the right choice for me and the other 250,000+

well i take it you never have tired using a XCI file, not having to install and then un-install a game saves me time and is easier. sure I install NSP's when i have to , but I would rather not use them at all.

Last edited by JoeBloggs777, Feb 28, 2019
    gizmomelb likes this.
  16. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Not quite 250,000. Used to be one of those users and I learnt it wasn't the right choice for me.

CloudLep likes this.
  17. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    I can’t believe how pathetic the bickering on both sides has become on this thread.
    So much for our nice community.
    Some wasting hours of their days on these forums defending A or TX like they’ve got shares in them or something, unbelievable.

18. roamin

roamin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2006
    Australia
    without sxos i dont think TX have anything profitable, so i would like to think they would have there heads down working to get a 7.0+ cfw out there, reality is if they dont continue to support it then they will not have a business or income at all. what are they going to do? sell me Jtag chips for xbox 360.

personally i run kosmos and would find it funny if tx did drop away but reality is too many people invested into it and well just look at this thread, in 12 months time if theres no updates from tx then the fanbois will still be telling us how awesome xci and usb loading is, oh not to mention there emunand still sitting at 6.2

surely tx cant just stop supporting there product. there business would be a gonner

19. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Welcome to the switch CFW community. Been like this since June 15th

CloudLep and Heichart like this.
  20. JoeBloggs777

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    the 250,000 figure was a couple of months ago, so it's still 250,000+ :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.