Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by huma_dawii, Feb 20, 2019.

?
  1. June 15th

92 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Never

57 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

142 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. Right after Atmosphere

124 vote(s)
    24.8%
  5. With Bacon and Cheese

84 vote(s)
    16.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Yeah kind of thinking the same thing. Because 1) Nintendo is doing hell of a lot better than during the Wii U days, it's miles from the stock prices of the Wii U days. Plus it gone up today as well. It's worth
    30 890 JPY.

Looking at Sony's stock however... 5 315 JPY. So no, Nintendo is doing a heck of a lot better. Plus they got TONS OF SPARE CASH. So I've got no idea what the heck he was talking about. The Switch is selling pretty darn well so.

Erol likes this.
  2. TPMJB

TPMJB GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    Doing better than the Wii U days is a very low bar.

Stock price is down $1.33 as of writing this. Why are you giving prices in Japanese currency?

They have a few pieces of IP that have kept the company from sinking, Pokemon being one. The fact that the new titles haven't impacted the stock much is a bit telling.

CloudLep likes this.
  3. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    Haha, heres my shitty stalker again...

Last edited by noctis90210, Mar 1, 2019
  4. LordRahl72

LordRahl72 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    I do think there is a chance that SXOS is dead, or nearly dead. By ether behind the scenes deal with Nintendo, or just simply the profits are no longer where it should be to keep up the work needed to continue to support it.

But even if it is dead, I have still gotten my money worth out of it. For me the main selling point is the built in cheat function and with the current amount of games I have available and how rarely I even play I still have years of enjoyment out of it as it stands. For that alone, it was well worth the investment to me.

Erol likes this.
  5. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Still, it does show the company is doing very well! I'm checking the stock right now on Google.com
    https://i.imgur.com/uxPNKPG.png

So no, Nintendo isn't dying.

6. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    nIntenD0 iS bROKe

7. huma_dawii
    OP

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    How many people has said Nintendo is "doomed" it's been like that since the beginning of time... It obviously hasn't happened and it won't happen.

8. Volthax
    This message by Volthax has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Mar 2, 2019, Reason: Shitposting.
    Mar 1, 2019
  9. natkoden
    This message by natkoden has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Mar 2, 2019, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Mar 1, 2019
  10. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    They survived World War 2, I think they will be fine. I mean it's way over 100 years old.

huma_dawii and Volthax like this.
  11. Chapi

Chapi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Can you use the "xci loader" (Which is used for Piracy) without Paying?

12. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    If you read some Japanese articles written by people who are knowledgeable, not some reviewers and youtubers, youd know thatNintendo has enough money to survive 3 or more failed generations of consoles. They have more money than ever before.
    People who think or better thought that a WiiU sales failure will destroy them have no clue whatsoever.

tbb043 likes this.
  13. lukands
    This message by lukands has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Mar 2, 2019, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Mar 1, 2019
  14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    So when do we make the "Where is ReiNX and 7.X support" thread?

Illuminaticy likes this.
  15. The14thfly

The14thfly GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2018
    Switzerland
    No. How ever xci loading is meant to be used for backups. Piracy isn't the main point here. Also dumping xci can be done these days without sxos and xcis can be installed.

At that time people wanted to use xci loading because they didn't want to carry cartridges but they wanted physical copies instead of eshop downloads.

16. Chapi

Chapi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Calling it Backup since the 1960s.

17. MachRc

MachRc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2017
    United States
    currently there is no reason to switch from SX-OS to any other CFW.

all my games are currently supported, I have a TB external usb with those pesky 13g dance/rpg games plus all the games that are out that we can play on the big screen attached to the dock,
    200g sd card with xcis loaded up the wazzooo, eshop nsps installed, swap out xcis or just aplug an usb c stick to the switch, just downloaded the maxconsole cheat directory zip thingy folder with all the cheats, 999 rare candies for my son's pokemon game all the moons and coins for mario its goes on and doesnt stop

people still doubt team X, but I dont,

I could care less if they borrowed code or they did not, if they invented xci loading or not, they are players in this cutthroat hacking for profit business, they dont pretend.
    All I know and truly CARE is that they delivered from day one and have not disappointed me in anyway or form.
    So all the hate on TX means nothing to me other than just hate.

Because they are good by me

and i can guarantee 90 percent of owners so far have no needs or wants to change to any other cfw, it would be more of a hassle, and my setup at home with all my xci games on a external would not work anymore.

I only check this thread since my coworker's kid downloaded the latest update even after I turned on airplane mode and explicitly told them and warned them many times not to update or go online
    Kids are stupid, but not my kid. My son is currently enjoying ffv5 pocket edition and some cartoon japanese sounding game chikaprok kikcrupo whatever the name is

people who have sx os are very happy with the features and would recommend to others. If I could do it all over again right now back to where I was just enjoying the first wave of homebrew on the 3.0 exploit not upgrading, i would still go for SX-OS solution knowing what I know today.

doesnt mean I dont love scissorsM and the bukkake and the who scene of cool ass people who keeps updating and uplifitng the scene as competition makes SX-os better whether things are copied or not.
    as an end user, F*ck im happy as SH*t

gizmomelb, jscjml, tbb043 and 6 others like this.
  18. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Why not? :huh: I've been doing that since last year and Smash online and Tetris 99 own.

19. The14thfly

The14thfly GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2018
    Switzerland
    Because that's what is, backups.

tbb043 likes this.
  20. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    I hope you are not the representative of SX OS users cause you make them look bad

Last edited by radicalwookie, Mar 1, 2019
    CloudLep likes this.
  21. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Pros
    .Cheat system
    .Direct XCI loading
    .USB Loading (XCI only)
    .Emu nand
    .Supports Homebrew apps
    .1st to launch user friendly back up loading method

Cons
    .Very slow to add support to latest FW
    .Paid product
    .Piracy business model
    .License for one console only
    .Not future proof
    .Most devs don't support TX methods

This is my take on the situation

bomigoton likes this.
  22. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Mar 20, 2018
    Vietnam
    I agree that its not a big deal until a game is out that requires 7xx firmware

I said that back on page 2-4

Erol and gizmomelb like this.
  23. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    what do you mean ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

some game updates require 7.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.