Hardware Where can I get good quality replacement shoulder button cables?

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DS (Not XL) with iffy shoulder buttons. I bought replacements but they are clearly lower quality, and when trying to install them the R switch on these NEW buttons seems even more broken already than my original ones!

Is there anywhere I can get good replacements? All I can find a random sellers on ebay, amazon, and AliExpress that all appear to basically be the same sellers, or at least all selling the exact same type. Is there anywhere I can get a good one?

btjunior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look for OEM listings on eBay, or buy a broken console with working buttons, although that will be more expensive.
I also have some shoulder buttons if you want, but they are for an XL, so I'm, not sure if they will work.

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't just anybody claim a part is OEM on eBay though? I've seen a lot of clear knockoffs over the years that claimed they were genuine. One of the first results is one that claims OEM and USA with flags and stickers all over the thumbnail, which to me feels like it screams "I am trying to hide the fact these are 3rd party from China". As for a broken console, that carries the issue that if it doesn't even turn on I would have no idea if the shoulder buttons are good, and they would be rather used even if they were.

From my understanding the N3DS and N3DSXL use the same flex cable/buttons. The ones I got were listed as for an XL, but they were the exact same dimensions as the official ones in my non-XL.

btjunior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't just anybody claim a part is OEM on eBay though? I've seen a lot of clear knockoffs over the years that claimed they were genuine. One of the first results is one that claims OEM and USA with flags and stickers all over the thumbnail, which to me feels like it screams "I am trying to hide the fact these are 3rd party from China". As for a broken console, that carries the issue that if it doesn't even turn on I would have no idea if the shoulder buttons are good, and they would be rather used even if they were.
If you find stuff like that then please report it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well remothered was a waste of my $4