Hacking When you send a DS in to get a replacement..

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've heard stories of people getting refurbs from nintendo when sending it back.

What can I do to ensure I get a new DS instead of them trying to repair the one I have?

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If the DS is pretty destroyed, they can't fix it...
biggrin.gif

Intruder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Write down the serial ( located in the back of the DS) before you send it and compare it with the one you'll get.
My sister's DS had "accident" and the touch screen wasn't responding so we sent it and we got it back in a week or so fix but NOT swapped with a new one...

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When My ps2 is being modded at pacific mall in toronto. They just put my original shell on a pre modded one they did probably in store before. They kept the original board somewhere. I put a mark on my ps2 board but it was gone when the modd store gave back to me. I think that nintendo just use your case and put it on a new system.

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've sent my DS back twice now for hinge cracks, and each time I've gotten a completely different DS. Even if it was a refurb, the two I've gotten back were better than my original DS (my first lite had several flaws besides the hinge crack). The refurbs are also in new condition (I bought my iPod refurbed, and it was just as good as a new one, but cheaper)

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Um.. A little question here..
The plastic film at the back of the fat DS, protecting the serial number etc, fell of on mine (due to normal wear).
Do you think my warranty is... wait... how long warranty is it? (I got it since release in europe.. so... maybe it's out already)

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine has some scratches and an unresponsive A button (you have to hit it dead on for it to work, not on the side like most buttons. is this normal?)

The screen is very yellow, too. I know some yellow is normal, but...

SuperDinoYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my DS phat replaced once, and it came back new, but luckily, not new enough to be prepared for my old school passme and GBAMP with a firmware patch.

hamster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
does anybody know if I still need the reciept kinda misplaced mine somwhere and I need the hinge fixed. The screen is getting flimsy now....
frown.gif

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it comes back refurbished. The unit I got, although I specifically said I was replacing it because of 2 dead pixels, came to me with 4 dead pixels, and was scratched and had a lot of dust on and inside it.
(Phat DS)

Best option is to return it at the store you got it from for a direct exchange.

SafetyMan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know if I still need the reciept kinda misplaced mine somwhere and I need the hinge fixed. The screen is getting flimsy now....
frown.gif
If you're sending it back to Nintendo just set up a repair
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/re...arts_dslite.jsp

You can check if your DS is still under warranty here:
https://www.nintendo.com/cpp/repairs/warrantyLookup.do

Anyways when I sent my DS in to get the hinge fixed, I got back the bottom of my DS, but a refurbbed top screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum