Hacking When was the most recent email response from Team Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n8m1f.jpg

That was the email I received few weeks back

Reactions: cearp

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
heh i didnt send them any email asking for beta but i gave them some ideas and they put me on beta and send me a firmware 1.2 i reckon but nothing more than that ,and i dont think they will release beta to so many peoples except if they are gonna release a public beta 2 final

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But now they won't send you anything because you are plotting against them, lol.

Well my email is different than my ID here so hopefully they don't connect the dots. I would be all for supporting them again through. Well supporting their work not their PR

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, there seriously should have been at LEAST one reliably-confirmed beta tester who had received the files to test in the first place. The utter lack of anything close to that is why I am pretty sure they just decided disappear.

Reactions: sergio_prado

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
At this point, there seriously should have been at LEAST one reliably-confirmed beta tester who had received the files to test in the first place. The utter lack of anything close to that is why I am pretty sure they just decided disappear.

that i think they wont do ,they may release late cause they have many bugs but they did took too much trouble so i dont think they will dissapear,and at least for now you shouldnt wish any thing like this as they are the only ones that work around firmware...

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
That clinches it. Devin is the only known beta tester that I can name. If HE hasn't gotten the beta, then no one has.

What makes you think a team, which image has been damaged seriously lately will send the beta firmware to a reviewer of gbatemp? Don't get me wrong i don't think Devin would leak the beta but it's still beta, there would be bugs. If i was from GW team I'd want a reviewer to see final product at least after an intenral beta test.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes you think a team, which image has been damaged seriously lately will send the beta firmware to a reviewer of gbatemp? Don't get me wrong i don't think Devin would leak the beta but it's still beta, there would be bugs. If i was from GW team I'd want a reviewer to see final product at least after an intenral beta test.

The same team trusted Devin to do a beta review of the Gateway 3DS card, with the explicit intent of having it publicly posted on one of the largest websites that serves the modding/hacking/homebrew community. They basically used him for cheap, cheap advertising.

Give a free flash card to a well-known reviewer on a huge website with a ton of traffic, and have him to say that it works, at all. That's what they wanted, so they could sell more flash carts.

It worked. Now that they have gotten what they wanted, they aren't even responding to him.

If they had purchased a banner ad on ANY website, almost all of which would be smaller and have a less active community than this one, they'd be dropping at least a grand.

So, sacrifice one flash card worth less than $60 in component costs, and generate more sales and revenue than any banner ad could? Of course they would do that.

Another point to consider is, people retain what they read in detail. If you only briefly glance at a flashing banner ad, that's product placement and branding, but if you READ a review that is several hundreds or thousands of words long, more than half of it will stick with you, and will have a much stronger impact as a buying influence.

Devin was used, and GBATemp's traffic was used. They got what they wanted, then split.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but, at this rate, my hope is flagging.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same team trusted Devin to do a beta review of the Gateway 3DS card, with the explicit intent of having it publicly posted on one of the largest websites that serves the modding/hacking/homebrew community. They basically used him for cheap, cheap advertising.

Give a free flash card to a well-known reviewer on a huge website with a ton of traffic, and have him to say that it works, at all. That's what they wanted, so they could sell more flash carts.

It worked. Now that they have gotten what they wanted, they aren't even responding to him.

If they had purchased a banner ad on ANY website, almost all of which would be smaller and have a less active community than this one, they'd be dropping at least a grand.

So, sacrifice one flash card worth less than $60 in component costs, and generate more sales and revenue than any banner ad could? Of course they would do that.

Another point to consider is, people retain what they read in detail. If you only briefly glance at a flashing banner ad, that's product placement and branding, but if you READ a review that is several hundreds or thousands of words long, more than half of it will stick with you, and will have a much stronger impact as a buying influence.

Devin was used, and GBATemp's traffic was used. They got what they wanted, then split.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but, at this rate, my hope is flagging.

You do know they(Gateway) sent him(Devin) a new 3DS XL because his old 3DS was bricked by 2.0b2? How dare they use him like that!!!

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
We'll if technicmaster0 got a reply today they obviously haven't "split"

Also people where going to talk about gateway either way, reviewer or not, it was the first 3ds flash card it wouldn't take long for the forum to be filled with posts.....and at 0 cost

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone that gets a sure we can use you as a beta tester reply and thinks they are serious you should really read on posts from the past 3 months they have sent almost anyone that asks a reply...some people got a randomly diffrent reply also icepotter im not sure whether to believe the email screen shot of yours is real or not...maybe one of the crappy devs could have really sent that email...but i dont think they would risk their ass like that....then again they did release brick code..and it does seem that gateway has some hotheads in their dev team...maybe i will believe that screenshot a little more now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Hey boi, keep your nuts out of chat. Unless you want them to get roasted. :ninja: