When ?! MapleStory DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by PBC, Sep 12, 2007.

Sep 12, 2007

When ?! MapleStory DS by PBC at 8:19 PM (1,590 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. PBC
    OP

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    Hey, I'm really looking foward to trying out maplestory DS. I have no clue when its going to be available..online that is.

I know everywhere says that the Korean release date is september (I can't read korean by the way). As far I know its not really released yet. I've been looking for game play vids and pictures and not much comes up so far.

Even if it is released in korea what are the chances it will actually get dumped anytime soon?? and then I probably cant use the online features...

Should I stop waiting =/??

2. lionhearthdy

Member lionhearthdy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I played maple story for 3 years, all the way back when it was in beta version 0.10.
    The best time i had in maple was beta, why you ask?
    because it was hackable, it was an unknown game set for us to explore and have fun botting, hacking, KSing and mushroom mom /jr,rog hunting and most importantly i was met a friend who i still talk to almost every week (6 years after we met), meeting mike was the only thing i do not regret for playing this game.

i played after beta too and i greatly regrets it. it was a wasted of my time. i was #1 top lvl character 1 week after the OMS Scannia server came out. then nothing new, same old crap... leveling leveling and leveling.
    Yes, there was some new maps to F- around with but is still the same old 2D boring game with no pvp, the worst thing you can do to someone is KS and defame.

now looking back at, i regrets every second i spend in that game.
    The game is all about leveling and hunting for the best gear, but with no use of it, there is no pvp, the 2d animation looks dumb as fuc-: no real gaming skill is ever needed in that game.and last but not least WHAT IS THE F-ING POINT OF THIS STUPID GAME!!

i suggest you to quit maple story, and sell your account on e-bay or just delete it.

The accounts i used to own are:
    Beta: lvl 74 sin, lvl 77 spearman, lvl 74 ice mage
    OMS: lvl 86 xbow, lvl 81 hermit, lvl 93 Dragon knight, lvl72 fire wiz, lvl 71 bandit, another lvl 74 hermit, lvl 97 cleric/priest, lvl 72 ice wiz
    JMS: lvl 125 dragon knight
    i have 4 slaves to level those accounts for me.
    (give them a high lvl char so they can play for fun and hunt items, in return they level the character for me)

Don't waste your life in maple story, is not worth it!! LOL

P.S m i allow to say that i hacked some game in this forum? if not i will delete that real quick....

3. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I think this applies to almost all MMORPGs.

4. lionhearthdy

Member lionhearthdy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no some mmorpg requires some thinking skills, look back in that game if you played it, what did you spend 98% of your time doing? answer= leveling
    maple is just an endless leveling game. nothing more to it. i mean what else do you do in that game? [​IMG]
    no pvp no nothing, or go sit in a room wait 2 hours for a boss ?or spend 8 hours fighting a boss where you push the same old 2 keys, pot(give you full hp/mp), and the attack skill.

5. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Still, it's a MMORPG which is new for the DS. I'm looking forward to it, even though I think Maplestory sucks.

6. roboz

Member roboz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yea maple does sucks the only reason I'm waiting for it is because of the hacking capability, with action replay codes and game editors. I still currently hack just for fun and when I have nothing else to do. I'm about to even stop playing and just waiting for kart riders to come out. Now that game is much fun and requires more skill than MS

7. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] GET OUT OF TOWN

Is that coming out on the DS?

8. roboz

United States
    No I'm waiting for the PC version, sorry to keep your hopes up.( Japan already has the PC version and whenever I watch videos on youtube they look like pros who have been playing for 10 years, they drift so perfectly.)

9. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    I think you mean Korea or China (Popkart over there). It hasn't been released in Japan and it was a Korean company who developed it (Nexon)

10. roboz

United States
    lol. I feel like those people who think that China and Japan are the same thing and think that if someone looks Asian they instantly say they are Chinese. My fault

11. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Meh being Korean myself I don't really get offended/annoyed by people asking/assuming that I'm Chinese straight away or whatever. It's not like everyone can tell what country a Caucasian person is from.

12. mikagami

Member mikagami GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This isn't going to be a MMORPG, it is going to be a single player campaign with online co-op for dungeon crawling. If you don't believe me check out the first vids of it on YouTube.

13. akuchan

Member akuchan GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    hmm yeh unless i missed something.. since when was this announced officially to be mmorpg? gimme a source anyone? anyway... there'll be too much obvious reasons why mmorpg on the DS or any handheld wont work so if this DOES go mmorpg then it'll be pretty bad game

14. Hiratai

Banned Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

United States
    What the hell does that have to do with ANYTHING.

15. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    What the hell does Maple Story have to do with Maple Story DS?

16. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    I thought so cos I read it on wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MapleStory_DS, which I know is not always true but why would I have reason to doubt?

17. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Because it doesn't seem plausible when you consider the DS' hardware.