Hacking What's your New 3DS firmware? (Launch day N3DS)

What's your New 3DS Firmware?

• Total voters

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Please post the first 4 digits of the serial number.

QW1002, Black, 9.0.0-20U - Gamestop
Edit: image added for proof
LsefPax.jpg

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the QW4025 is one of the ones I have here, and yeah it's red. I even posted a screen shot of the actual system but I can do the blanked out serial part if you want.

Here you are :lol:

fSwGZ.JPG

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes the QW4025 is one of the ones I have here, and yeah it's red. I even posted a screen shot of the actual system but I can do the blanked out serial part if you want.

only if you want :P we can just wait for someone else who got it to make a confirmation post :P

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here you are :lol:

you forgot to blank out the barcode :P
QW40255*3*5

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Reposting this here)

Just got my N3DS (Black) from Gamestop. I can confirm that QW1004 is 9.0U
I looked straight into the bag as soon as I got it and I was happy to see it less than 4000. It's a good thing I changed my mind about getting a red N3DS and got black instead.
Everything on the N3DS seems to be working fine, no malfunctions or anything. The 3D face tracking is finicky, it has a hard time detecting me even in the light. So I hope the 3D is working okay. I'll just assume its working, I don't really use 3D anyways, I love to save battery as much as possible.

Here's some screenshots:

suzl3p.jpg

rll5qd.jpg

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Usa New 3ds XL Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Edition (the silver sexy one), firmware 9.2 U
Serial QW4011XXXX, bought in Chile.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Jap N3DS Zelda MM edition, 9.4...
I hope people here in japan will see my message before making the same mistake as me haha
guess the 9.0-9.2 window will literally be the launch consoles only, nintendo must of pushed for 9.4 as fast as possible, luckily the majority of consoles seem to be 9.0-9.2, any future batches/ limited editions will no doubt be 9.4+ only

Reactions: Random Joe

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So judging from the serials and FWs it seems like

Nintendo produced stock of Black and Red units for US launch, up to serials 4000ish. (9.0U) MM likely included in here.
They then produced the MH edition, serials around 4000. (9.2U)
Then produced more Red units, possibly to meet demand, serials over 4025 (9.4U). Mid-Dec to Jan production.

So like everyone is saying from now on any new shipments will be 9.4+ since they have already crossed the threshold into manufacturing base units with 9.4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1