Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Most Final Fantasy games
Most Dragon Quest games
Pokemon
Does Far Cry 3 count since you get skills and such?
I have more but they just don't come to mind right now :P

Skarigon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
There are many many great RPGs so listing all of my favorites would take a long while, but here are some in no particular order:
FFVI, Persona 4, SMT:Strange Journey, Etrian Odyssey (can't pick my favorite one among the 3; 4 isn't out yet), Chrono Trigger, Pokemon (especially the last few games), ToME4 (if roguelikes count), TES: Morrowind, SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, and others.

To find many good RPGs you just need to look beyond the fairly few mainstream ones (as good as they may be).

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
1.Golden Sun 1 & 2,the 3rd one is shit , and I like Golden sun because it's one of the few games that offers puzzles and adventure and no hot character shit like Final Fantsy.
2.Pokemon:almost all games except black and white and what ever comes after that will be shit as they announced that they will use complete 3D on the upcoming Pokemon games,I also wished.
3.MegaMan Battle Network : I liked it but the story was really weak I liked the first and the second games of the series as they offered unique perspective.
4.Sowrd of Mana: absolutely gorgeous graphics.re
5.All Zelda games : I'm not sure if Zelda is an RPG game but it does feel like it.
6.Professor Layton : Again it does feel as an RPG game to me.

Will I know that I was harsh saying FF games are shit it's just that I can't feel the story at all they lack much of what Golden Sun offeres as an RPG , to me a good RPG needs an element of mystery,puzzles,a great leveling and fighting system,a sold story that you can't predict easily, replay value,and finally and in my own opinion I think that RPG games would be better on handheld devices because it offer better mobility to play the game any time anywhere.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment - Guild Wars 2. All time favourite - too hard to say but FF VII through X are contenders as are DQ8, Breath of Fire 3, Suikoden, Panzer Dragoon Saga and Secret of Mana. Oh, and I liked FFXIII... I really, truly did.

PS. Does anyone else wince/cringe when they see Zelda turn up in an RPG thread?

Reactions: gamefan5

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2.Pokemon:almost all games except black and white and what ever comes after that will be shit as they announced that they will use complete 3D on the upcoming Pokemon games,I also wished.
Wait, what? You like Pokemon but it's shit because they will use 3D? And you wished what? :unsure:
My personal list in no particular order:
Bowser's Inside Story
Megaman Battle Network
Castlevania series
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Valkyria Chronicles
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier Name Too Damn Long
Chrono Trigger
Pokemon (main series and Mystery Dungeon)
Kingdom Hearts
And... I think that's pretty much it. That's a list of pretty much all RPG games I ever liked/finished.
Oh wait, I forgot Inazuma Eleven, that game is awesome as well.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, what? You like Pokemon, but it's shit because they will use 3D? And you wished what? :unsure:

I hate the 3D new Pokemon did you see the trailer it was shit, if you ever saw a Yu Gi Oh! 2009 and 2010 on the DS you will puke at any bodies face including me, and I don't want that to happen to one of the best game series in the world.

I wished that they added puzzles to the game.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hate the 3D new Pokemon did you see the trailer it was shit, if you ever saw a Yu Gi Oh! 2009 and 2010 on the DS you will puke at any bodies face including me, and I don't want that to happen to one of the best game series in the world.
Actually I thought the battles looked pretty good. The overworld wasn't the best thing ever, but it wasn't vomit-inducing by any means. Then again, if you don't like it, that's fine I suppose.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I thought the battles looked pretty good. The overworld wasn't the best thing ever, but it wasn't vomit-inducing by any means. Then again, if you don't like it, that's fine I suppose.

No I loved the 3D battle it's just as you said the overworld graphics would be bad , I don't want to overthink but they did say that this is not the final stage in making the game and they will change some stuff as you know the 3DS GPU is powerful enough to dazzle any Pokemon gamer.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Now that I have more time to elaborate, my list is as follows:

The "Golden Sun Trilogy" speaks for itself, bringing RPGs back to their roots, while still being fresh.

Pokemon, of course. I just thought Gen 4 was a bit lame. Granted, it brought 3D environments to the series, but the overall feeling of the games were somewhat of a let-down of the 4th gen to me. I love gen 2 the best, especially the HeartGold/SoulSilver remakes, and the Liquid Crystal rom hack for GBA was brilliant. :D

Parasite Eve 2 (I didn't care for the first game)

Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete on the PS1, and the PSP remake. (Don't waste time on the GBA/DS versions, they suck.)

Chrono Cross on PS1 (I don't care for Chrono Trigger, it's over-hyped as hell, and very difficult to beat.)

Final Fantasy III (USA), VI (JAP) was a brilliant game. But thanks to the convoluted FF releases and confusing numbering scheme between the 1-6 games, I feel like I've been cheated out of at least 2 or 3 FF games here in the USA. (Maybe someone can clear up the FF numbering mess for me to understand?)

Final Fantasy 8 (Much better than 7 in my opinion, and still had memorable characters.)

Zelda: Twilight Princess (Action RPG, still counts)

Tales of Destiny on PS1. Actually, ANY game that begins with "Tales of..." in the title, you just KNOW is going to be a good RPG! I have always loved the Tales series.

Fable 1 on Xbox. Amazing story. Simple, and a bit linear, but still kept me glued to the game until it was beaten.

The "Paper Mario" games play and feel like RPG games, so I'll include them in this list.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my favorite genre is RPG, i like to see numbers floating over monsters after attacking them....
-shin megami tensei(series)
-pokemon(series)
-paper mario(series)
-mario and luigi (series)
-fire emblem(series)
-tales of(series)
-golden sun(series)
-dragon quest(series)
-final fantasy(series)
-advance wars(series)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf