Whats wrong with my dstt?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by killer7xx, Feb 20, 2008.

Feb 20, 2008

Whats wrong with my dstt? by killer7xx at 8:51 PM (2,690 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. killer7xx
    OP

Newcomer killer7xx Newbie

United Kingdom
    Most of the time when I put my DSTT in it loads straight to the screen thats has the pictochat/download play on it, but occasionally it will load into the DSTT screen. What could be the problem?

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It should always load to the TTMenu screen rather than the NDS menu screen. You may have a bad DSTT -- it may not be making proper contact with your NDS. If so, you should return it and exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

3. killer7xx
    OP

Newcomer killer7xx Newbie

United Kingdom
    Could it be something wrong with the ds instead?

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Could be, but not likely. Do you have problems with regular game cartridges not being recognized by the DSTT? If not, the problem is probably the DSTT rather than the NDS. Assuming you have the DSTT inserted fully into the NDS, it should always boot to the DSTT's TTMenu (or if there is a problem with your microSD card or you don't have the menu properly installed you'll get the DSTT error icon).

Others have had similar problems with some (not all) DSTT's. You may have just gotten one of the bad ones. If you can exchange it for a new one, you should. If not, there have been several suggested "fixes" posted to this thread (use them at your own risk though -- some can damage your cart beyond repair).

-Bri

5. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    just slightly "bend" the contact part of your dstt from left to right, not up to down, be gentle, but it will show a visable "bend" this will fix it, but as mentioned before, do at your own risk, you can brake it, tho doubtfull as its cheap bendable plastic especially by the contacts