Whats the best way to install ps2 games on ps3?

Xdqwerty

Wut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Copying and pasting the iso of the game onto the ps2iso folder on the ps3 hdd or converting it to pkg with the ps2 classic gui program?

I tried to do the later for rayman 2 revolution but I cant find its config file so I cant convert it to pkg

Last edited by Xdqwerty,

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all games are compatible regardless if they're in iso or ps2classics (pkg) format (unless you have a BC fat ofc which i assume you don't).

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried with webman in hen and it says my PS3 model doesnt support PS2 discs or smh like that
pkg it is then. Most of the ones released officially are shared "out there" as pkgs, or you could convert from iso to pkg if you want to too (the games that're compatible).

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEN can only use converted / encrypted PS2 ISOs, afaik.

CFW can use unencrypted PS2 ISO files, no conversion needed.

Personally, I'd recommend using the encrypted PS2 ISOs over converted, because you can add the compatibility files. I'm not too sure on converted ISOs, but you may be able to bundle the compatibility file in with it, so it may be a bonus...?

Xdqwerty

Wut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
pkg it is then. Most of the ones released officially are shared "out there" as pkgs, or you could convert from iso to pkg if you want to too (the games that're compatible).
But I wanted to download the original rayman revolution iso so I could apply a widescreen patch to it and then convert it to pkg

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I wanted to download the original rayman revolution iso so I could apply a widescreen patch to it and then convert it to pkg
Iirc Rayman Revolution was released officially on PSN, so it's compatible. You just got to figure out how to apply the widescreen patch to the iso then convert it to pkg and see if it works (or not).

NiQ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Copying and pasting the iso of the game onto the ps2iso folder on the ps3 hdd or converting it to pkg with the ps2 classic gui program?

I tried to do the later for rayman 2 revolution but I cant find its config file so I cant convert it to pkg
Both will lead to the same result as they use the same emulator.
Copying ISO to PS2ISO is easier but only works on CFW. If you're on HEN you have to convert.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Day by day, my friend