What's ProDG Target Manager and is it faster transferring files to the PS3?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I had made that decision about the ps3 scene before joining the ps4 one, I wouldn't be a part of the ps4 scene. I made that decision afterwards. I think the ps4 and ps5 are similar after scanning the files. lots of secure plugins (sprx) that are .dll files just like the series x, except they don't use sprx on the series x. they're just dll. the ps4 has a lot of them as well as well as normal exe files, which I figured out how to use.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to threaten my being a part of the scenes. I just don't want to be put in the same situation. temp has been good to me, but I don't think that's enough for me to care about possibly being hurt again.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do some downloaded PS3 backups show a "Duplex PROUDLY PRESENTS" message with an annoying sound after being run?
A group would typically insert their intro into the game to show that they were the ones who dumped it. This has happened for other systems' games as well. This usually doesn't happen anymore because people want clean ROMs and ISOs, so that they can bit-verify that everything is there. A ROM set that is "No-Intro" means there are no extra intros that have been included in the game's data.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A group would typically insert their intro into the game to show that they were the ones who dumped it. This has happened for other systems' games as well. This usually doesn't happen anymore because people want clean ROMs and ISOs, so that they can bit-verify that everything is there. A ROM set that is "No-Intro" means there are no extra intros that have been included in the game's data.

I've been told my data could theoretically be stolen. Is it true? Well, I still download some folder format games with that annoying intro. Also, I never download PS3 ISOs but folder format games since I can't find the former. I thought PS3 games didn't come in ISO format but in folder and PKG ones.

Why can't some websites be accessed after setting a static IP address on my PC or before unloading PSN Patch's plugin (L3+R3+R2) on the PS3?

Do PS1 and PS2 CD discs wear the PS3's laser faster than PS2 DVD discs just like (according to what I was told) in the PS2's case?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true, but it's mostly rtm apps that steal info, but a game fix could theoretically. You should just use god links and raps t9 be safe.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That is true, but it's mostly rtm apps that steal info, but a game fix could theoretically. You should just use god links and raps t9 be safe.

But I want to avoid PKG games. What do you mean by RTM apps? Game fix, like, those PKG files that supposedly make PKG games work? How can it make this annoying intro go away?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been told my data could theoretically be stolen. Is it true? Well, I still download some JB games with that annoying intro. Also, I never download PS3 ISOs but JB games. I thought they didn't come in ISO format but in JB and PKG.

Why can't I access some websites after setting a static IP address on my PC or before unloading PSN Patch's plugin (L3+R3+R2) on the PS3?

Do PS1 and PS2 CD discs degrade the PS3's laser more than PS2 DVD discs just like (according to what I was told) in the PS2's case?
PS3 games can come in ISO format, but they typically come in JB (i.e., folder) format, because they usually are modified to reduce size. Every disc comes with an 256MB update, that can be removed. Language files can sometimes also be removed. I dump my own discs, and I find it easier to store them on my external if they are in ISO format. FTP is faster if it's transferring just 1 ISO file versus multiple JB files and folders.

I don't use the PS3's web browser, so I don't know about that stuff. I assume that the browser is so old that it can't load some websites at all, regardless of a static IP.

There are 2 lasers in the PS3: red = CD & DVD, blue = Blu-ray. Any use of an optical drive will degrade the laser, as they are only rated to last a certain amount of time, like any light. If there was some theoretical difference that was not negligible, I would argue that a CD is easier on a laser than a single- or double-layered DVD.

Last edited by zfreeman,

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I want to avoid PKG games. How can it make this annoying intro go away?
You get what you pay for. Though, there is a possibility you could delete the intro from the JB folders, it might break the game from booting, depending on how they rigged it in there. I have found it easier to just dump from disc, but that requires a certain external Blu-ray drive that can read the entirety of the PS3 disc. It also requires the respective IRD file. Using the program PS3 Disc Dumper, it will automatically download the appropriate IRD, and dump it to folder format.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think early games only came with the modded eboot. you'd have to get a clean one as the ird will be wrong.

Why did they and where can I get the original EBOOT.BIN for them?

PS3 games can come in ISO format, but they typically come in JB (i.e., folder) format, because they usually are modified to reduce size. Every disc comes with an 256MB update, that can be removed. Language files can sometimes also be removed. I dump my own discs, and I find it easier to store them on my external if they are in ISO format. FTP is faster if it's transferring just 1 file versus multiple files.

I don't use the PS3's web browser, so I don't know about that stuff. I assume that the browser is so old that it can't load some websites at all, regardless of a static IP.

There are 2 lasers in the PS3: red = CD & DVD, blue = Blu-ray. Any use of an optical drive will degrade the laser, as they are only rated to last a certain amount of time. If there was some theoretical difference that was not negligible, I would argue that a CD is easier on a laser than a single- or double-layered DVD.

I only found folder and PKG format games. Then why isn't the update folder and maybe language files removed and the ISO recreated?

I was talking about PC's browsers, mostly.

Sorry, I didn't get it. Easier on what? Does a CD wear the laser faster than a DVD or BR? And what if I don't use discs at all, will it still wear over the years?

You get what you pay for. Though, there is a possibility you could delete the intro from the JB folders, it might break the game from booting, depending on how they rigged it in there. I have found it easier to just dump from disc, but that requires a certain external Blu-ray drive that can read the entirety of the PS3 disc. It also requires the respective IRD file. Using the program PS3 Disc Dumper, it will automatically download the appropriate IRD, and dump it to folder format.

Why can't the PC's BR drive read the entire content of PS3 games? Does the same thing happen with the PS1 and PS2 games? Anyway, but how can I dump it if I don't even have it in the first place? What's the IRD file? If using that Disc Dumper program may unmodded games be known, and if so, fix it by using the program to download the right files and then replace (or add) the modded ones with them?

What kind of data may be stolen?

EDIT: When creating an ISO with PS3 ISO TOOLS, which "Firmware" setting should be chosen? Should the 4.46 setting be left selected or should another setting be chosen like the 4.76 one? I'm on 4.89 Evilnat. Maybe it doesn't matter what setting I choose since my FW is more recent than 4.76 and PS3 ISO TOOLS only goes up to 4.76. Maybe I should use other program than PS3 ISO TOOLS to convert folder format to ISO since it may be too obsolete.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why aas that and where can I get the original?

I only found JB and PKG games. Then why don't delete the update folder and maybe the language files and recreate the ISO, then?

I was talking about the PC's browsers, mostly.

Sorry, I didn't get it. Easier on what? Does a CD degrade the laser faster than a DVD or Blu-ray? And what if I don't use discs at all, will it still degrade over the years?

Why can't the PC's Blu-ray drive read the entire content of PS3 games? Does the same thing happen with the PS1 and PS2 games? Anysay, but how can I dump it if I don't even have it in the first place? What's the IRD file? If using that Disc Dumper program may I know if the game isn't modded, and if it is, fix it by using the program to download the right files and then I'd have to replace (or add) the modded ones with them?

What kind of data may be stolen?

EDIT: When creating an ISO with PS3 ISO TOOLS, which "Firmware" setting should I choose? Should I leave the 4.46 setting selected or should I choose another setting like the 4.76 one? I'm on 4.89 Evilnat. Maybe it doesn't matter what setting I choose since my FW is more recent than 4.76 and PS3 ISO TOOLS only goes up to 4.76. Maybe I should use other program than PS3 ISO TOOLS to convert JB to ISO since it may be too old.
Scene dumpers, like Duplex, usually remove the update and language files (e.g., NBA 2K13: 15GB down to 7GB). Other games require those language files (e.g., LittleBigPlanet 2 uses Japanese dubbed videos and overlays the audio with other language dubs). Some games verify that the files are all there (e.g., Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty [E]). Dumpers don't create an ISO because it's not necessary, when a JB folder works already.

A CD will not degrade a laser faster than a DVD. A CD is not as compact as a DVD, so the laser does not have to focus as acutely. A DVD can also have additional layers, whereas a CD does not. Not using the laser will not degrade it, preserving it.

PS1 disc pressing includes data inside the inner ring, that was for anti-piracy. You need a certain optical drive to go toward the center enough to dump the entire disc. PS2 doesn't need anything special, and can be dumped easily. (I don't recommend dumping PS1 or PS2, as their disc images can be downloaded with today's internet bandwidths.)

PS3 discs need certain optical drives because they're formatted unlike other Blu-ray media. You can dump it from the PS3's optical drive, or from a Sony-compatible external one. An IRD file reveals where all the files and folders are of the encrypted data. If the dumper program does not automatically decrypt the data, you will need a decryption key that you can get from a CFW PS3. PS3 Disc Dumper does this all automatically, so it's just a matter of getting a compatible drive. Dumping from a PS3 is simple, but the internal drive is old and not as accurate compared to a newer external drive. After the disc is dumped and decrypted, you can swap any of the disc's files you want, then compile with PS3 ISO Tools.

I've never had my PS3 online, but data stolen could consist of PSN login info, credit card info, other stuff on your system. If you keep the PS3 offline, then your info will not get out, if this is even happening.

When creating an ISO with PS3 ISO TOOLS, I choose 3.55, so that I could use my disc images with any old CFW. The program may be old, but it still works.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Scene dumpers, like Duplex, usually remove the update and language files (i.g., NBA 2K13: 15GB down to 7GB). Other games require those language files (i.g., LittleBigPlanet 2 uses Japanese dubbed videos and overlays the audio with other language dubs). Some games verify that the files are all there (i.g., Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty [E]). Dumpers don't create an ISO because it's not necessary, when a JB folder works already.

A CD will not degrade a laser faster than a DVD. A CD is not as compact as a DVD, so the laser does not have to focus as acutely. A DVD can also have additional layers, whereas a CD does not. Not using the laser will not degrade it, preserving it.

PS1 disc pressing includes data inside the inner ring, that was for anti-piracy. You need a certain optical drive to go toward the center enough to dump the entire disc. PS2 doesn't need anything special, and can be dumped easily. (I don't recommend dumping PS1 or PS2, as their disc images can be downloaded with today's internet bandwidths.)

PS3 discs need certain optical drives because they're formatted unlike other Blu-ray media. You can dump it from the PS3's optical drive, or from a Sony-compatible external one. An IRD file reveals where all the files and folders are of the encrypted data. If the dumper program does not automatically decrypt the data, you will need a decryption key that you can get from a CFW PS3. PS3 Disc Dumper does this all automatically, so it's just a matter of getting a compatible drive. Dumping from PS3 is simple, but the laser is old and not as accurate compared to a newer external drive. After the disc is dumped, you can swap any modded files you want, then compile with PS3 ISO Tools.

I've never had my PS3 online, but data stolen could consist of PSN login info, credit card info, other stuff on your system. If you keep the PS3 offline, then your info will not get out, if this is even happening.

When creating an ISO with PS3 ISO TOOLS, I choose 3.55, so that I could use my disc images with any CFW. The program may be old, but it still works.

I never found PS3 ISOs but folder and PKG format games.

Then why does the PS2 make more noise when reading a CD?

I'm always connected to the internet but not to my PSN account (only when syncing trophies, and even then I always restart the PS3 when playing PS3 backups), and thanks to Evilnat, I have to disable syscalls to access the latter. Also, my password isn't saved (even if it was, it wouldn't work because after generating a password [thanks to the 2-step verification], I always revoke it right after signing out of PSN) and my PS3 doesn't sign in to my PSN account automatically (even if it did, it wouldn't be able to sign in to my PSN account because of what I said), so am I still at risk?

Sorry, I didn't get what should I do if I don't find the original content (besides unneeded subtitles, I guess) like the unmodded EBOOT.BIN.

But how can games that require + 3.55 OFW be played in pre-3.55 FW?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, you'd have to resign the game, which is piss easy.

I thought removing the update folder would be enough since I guess it was what trigged the update alert. Do I need to resign (whatever that is) on CFW? And what if I choose the 4.76 FW setting on PS3 ISO TOOLS? Would I only have problems with games which require + 4.76 FW? Maybe there are few since after 4.75 FW was released I don't think many games were released which demanded it.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought removing the update folder would be enough since I guess it was it that trigged the update alert. Do I need to resign in (whatever that is) on CFW? And what if I choose the 4.76 FW setting on PS3 ISO TOOLS? Would I only have problems with games which require +4.76 FW? Maybe there are few since after 4.75 was released I don't think many games were released which demanded it.
Choosing which firmware to sign the ISO in PS3 ISO TOOLS is for early CFWs, before the game came out. It will lower the ISO's required firmware version, so it can run on the older CFW.

If you're on the latest CFW, then it won't matter, as the keys have not changed, as @godreborn has mentioned.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Keys haven't changed since 4.21.

Choosing which firmware to sign the ISO in PS3 ISO TOOLS is for early CFWs, before the game came out. If you're on a 4.89 CFW, then it won't matter, as the keys have not changed, as @godreborn has mentioned.

Keys, what do you mean? So, if I choose 4.21 FW or a +4.21 FW I shouldn't have any problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)