PS3 freezes as soon as I click on Enable FTP on Evilnat 4.89.3 with an external HDD attached

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As soon as I click "Enable FTP" in "Cobra Tools" under "* Custom Firmware Tools" with an USB device connected to my PS3, the latter freezes (I tested this in another PS3 Slim and a friend of mine also did it in his PS3 Slim and we're having this problem in them, too).

I have reinstalled Evilnat 4.89.3 Cobra 8.4 [PEX], FileZilla Client and IRISMAN 4.89, used the "Restore File System" and "Rebuild Database" settings from Safe Mode and swapped the HDD bought in August 2021 for the stock one and I still have this issue.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

BlessedDog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Have you tried plugging the drive in after enabling FTP? Not sure why this is happening or if this could help but it's something maybe worth trying.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1TB shouldn't cause any problem, problem start to arise when using larger than 1TB drive, might have to do with 4.89.3 Evilnat

But it seems I'm the only one with this issue and IRISMAN already froze with this HDD on a previous Evilnat version.

I thought 1.5 TB HDDs were fine.

Also, what about having to reinstall CFW or not after changing the HDD?

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But I'd have to reinstall CFW and since August ps3xploit isn't working.
Just make a backup and replace the harddrive like you would normally. You won't lose CFW. :wacko:

Installing a new hard drive on CFW is the same as installing a new hard drive on OFW. Turn off your console, remove the hard drive, and insert your new one. If it is a NOR console, your PS3 will prompt you to reinstall the firmware from USB at which point you will follow the normal CFW installation instructions to complete it, ensuring that you install the same CFW that you were on before swapping the hard drives.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just make a backup and replace the harddrive like you would normally. You won't lose CFW. :wacko:

Installing a new hard drive on CFW is the same as installing a new hard drive on OFW. Turn off your console, remove the hard drive, and insert your new one. If it is a NOR console, your PS3 will prompt you to reinstall the firmware from USB at which point you will follow the normal CFW installation instructions to complete it, ensuring that you install the same CFW that you were on before swapping the hard drives.

But I bought this HDD to use it and restoring files would take a lot of time.

Anyway, if I don't need to hack it again after swapping the HDD, I might buy a 1.5 TB HDD this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw