IRISMAN freezing after sending a PKG to the PS3's HDD using FileZilla and exiting IRISMAN

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The PS3 beeps thrice and restarts when exiting IRISMAN using the PS button after uploading files from the PC to my PS3 with FileZilla Client and with an USB device connected to my PS3.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
  • Sad
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So if you think so, maybe there's another advice from someone with more experience in transferring Files over, but mine was the same as you have.....much hassle transferring files over Filezilla and FTP Connection.

Maybe you should look after the Irisman Version...is it the latest?
Have you changed something, since the error didn't occur ?

nubie

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Isn't irisman support nfts drive , so that make it easier to just copas and install with your PC external drive

I'm only use multiman for lauching games and webman mod for fan control

:D

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not just use webman mod/ps3netsrv and install them over a network connection? Here's how to do it.
  1. In your shared location create a folder called "PKG".
  2. Move packages (PKGs) into this folder.
  3. Run ps3netsrv GUI on the PC and configure WebMAN's setup with the IP of your PC (displayed on the top of the window of ps3netsvr GUI).
  4. Navigate to ps3.aldostools.org/?ip=<your-ps3-ip-address> and select /PKG (The /PKG folder will be mounted as /dev_bdvd) If successful you will see a notification "PKG Loaded" on your PS3 soon as you select this option.
  5. Navigate to XMB's Install Package Files (Standard) and install any of the listed package files (found in the root of the mounted /dev_bdvd).
You can also do the same with IRISMAN/ps3netserv.
  3. Open Irisman and navigate to Global Menu.
  4. Scroll to "Initialize FTP server", press D-PAD Right until you see "Mount /net_host/PKG as /dev_bdvd/". If successful you will see a popup notification in the upper right corner of the screen that reads "PKG Loaded"
  5. Now you have the option to Install these via the XMB via the Install Package Files (Standard) location (Select YES to exit to XMB) or to install as Package bubbles select NO and it will then take you to the file manager where you can select the PKGs to be copied and once done selecting the package(s) then head to the XMB and you will see your games. If you are using Rebug's Install Package Manager, they will be in the PSN Content Folder.
No you don't need to copy anything via FTP.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So if you think so, maybe there's another advice from someone with more experience in transferring Files over, but mine was the same as you have.....much hassle transferring files over Filezilla and FTP Connection.

Maybe you should look after the Irisman Version...is it the latest?
Have you changed something, since the error didn't occur ?

Yes, it's the latest, and no, I didn't change anything.

Is it possible my PS3 has a problem? I have Evilnat 4.89 V2 installed which has Cobra 8.3, which in turns has a FTP server, and after enabling it with an USB device connected to my PS3, the console immediately freezes.

Isn't irisman support nfts drive , so that make it easier to just copas and install with your PC external drive

I'm only use multiman for lauching games and webman mod for fan control

:D

Yes, external HDD's NTFS drives appear in its file manager and it detects games in them.

Why not just use webman mod/ps3netsrv and install them over a network connection? Here's how to do it.
  3. Run ps3netsrv GUI on the PC and configure WebMAN's setup with the IP of your PC (displayed on the top of the window of ps3netsvr GUI).
  4. Navigate to ps3.aldostools.org/?ip=<your-ps3-ip-address> and select /PKG (The /PKG folder will be mounted as /dev_bdvd) If successful you will see a notification "PKG Loaded" on your PS3 soon as you select this option.
  5. Navigate to XMB's Install Package Files (Standard) and install any of the listed package files (found in the root of the mounted /dev_bdvd).
You can also do the same with IRISMAN/ps3netserv.
  3. Open Irisman and navigate to Global Menu.
  4. Scroll to "Initialize FTP server", press D-PAD Right until you see "Mount /net_host/PKG as /dev_bdvd/". If successful you will see a popup notification in the upper right corner of the screen that reads "PKG Loaded"
  5. Now you have the option to Install these via the XMB via the Install Package Files (Standard) location (Select YES to exit to XMB) or to install as Package bubbles select NO and it will then take you to the file manager where you can select the PKGs to be copied and once done selecting the package(s) then head to the XMB and you will see your games. If you are using Rebug's Install Package Manager, they will be in the PSN Content Folder.
No you don't need to copy anything via FTP.

WebMAN MOD's FTP server is slower than IRISMAN's and I'm already used to IRISMAN.

According to webMAN MOD's GitHub repository, PS3 NET Server only works in IRISMAN if webMAN MOD is running.

What about ISOs, how can I make them work?

EDIT: I tried the second way and when exiting IRISMAN using the PS button with an external HDD connected to my PS3, the console still freezes.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, it's the latest, and no, I didn't change anything.

Is it possible my PS3 has a problem? I have Evilnat 4.89 V2 installed which has a FTP client in the XMB and after enabling it with an USB device connected to the PS3, the console immediately and always freezes.

Yes, NTFS drives show up in its file manager and it detects games in NTFS partitions.

WebMAN MOD's FTP server is slower than IRISMAN's and I'm already used to IRISMAN.

Tried the second way and when exiting IRISMAN, it still freezes.
Dunno, get a new hard drive or something cause you have more issues than anyone I have ever come across. Either that or you just like to complain about every single little thing. Anyway I won't bother replying to any of your threads anymore. Enjoy!

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dunno, get a new hard drive or something cause you have more issues than anyone I have ever come across. Either that or you just like to complain about every single little thing. Anyway I won't bother replying to any of your threads anymore. Enjoy!

I bought this HDD in August 2021 and even if I got a new one, how would I install CFW in it since ps3xploit.me isn't working?

This isn't a little thing as well as most things I complain about and it's not my fault for having all these issues. Also, most things aren't even complains but doubts.

EDIT: PS3xploit.me is working again, I used it to jailbreak the PS3 once more, bought a SSD this February and used it on the PS3 and I still have these issues.

EDIT 2: If I close FileZilla Client after uploading files from the PC to the PS3 or if I don't connect an USB device to the PS3 before uploading them (or if I take it after uploading them), I can exit IRISMAN using the PS button without the PS3 beeping thrice and restarting and I can return to XMB from IRISMAN using the Circle button without the PS3 beeping thrice and turning off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)