Hacking Whats happening?

leondmsmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Where have all the "waaa i bricked my wii" posts gone, their is only 1 on front page at anyone time now.

Have all these new super apps made it so that even the nubiest noob can hack a wii without fucking it up?

I miss those posts and being able to laugh at DeadlyFoez offering his unbricking services or people getting to rip on noobs who cant follow the guides.

Whats the next big thing going to be?

Whats the holy grail at the moment?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
leondmsmith said:
Where have all the "waaa i bricked my wii" posts gone, their is only 1 on front page at anyone time now.

Have all these new super apps made it so that even the nubiest noob can hack a wii without fucking it up?

I miss those posts and being able to laugh at DeadlyFoez offering his unbricking services or people getting to rip on noobs who cant follow the guides.

Complete CFW and/or GC Loading from USB.

D

Deleted User

CFW IS possible but only in combination with SNEEK, priiloader and bootmii. So you actually run a modded version of the system menu from your SD or USB device. although this is not really CFW I think.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FragAguy said:
CFW IS possible but only in combination with SNEEK, priiloader and bootmii. So you actually run a modded version of the system menu from your SD or USB device. although this is not really CFW I think.

Its not CFW
In case this isn't clear: The system menu is NOT firmware

arecus2000

Trophies
XP
Country
India
leondmsmith said:

Everybody's becoming a nintendo Nerd
lecture.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
All in one loaders are the future

Recently uLoader has had a few updates, saves to/from SD/USB and soon WiiWare+VC from SD/USB
smile.gif

Maybe soon GX will perfect NTFS too

Soon we will have loaders that support NTFS, saves on SD/USB, wiiware+vc on SD/USB with full compatibility and launching homebrew too. All that will be needed by most then is an all-in-one loader and a forwarder iso to mplayer CE

The holy grail will always be GC from USB though
tongue.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont see why GC games from USB is the holy grail. agreed that it is something that will take some hackery to get it to work. but when's the last time you people actually played GC games? i think people are remembering these games as better than they really were. i have a flatmii and i can play these games over USB. and they still all suck.

theres only like 20 games that are good. you can put multiple GC games on a DVD. DVDs are $0.20 each. so you can put all the good games on $2 worth of DVDs. if these games are so great to make this the holy grail, then surely they are worth the $2.

i say the holy grail is a open source homebrew IOS replacement with full functions. think mini with USB/network/bluetooth capabilities.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats not the issue giantpune, the issue is having a MASSIVE library to choose from at any given time. There are some GC games that are excellent and I would play all the time (Mario Golf being one) if it was on USB but because its on disc I get too lazy to put it in.

holy grail for me = as it is now.

if people ask me what game system should i get, automatic answer is Wii. sure 360 and ps3 have some great titles that wii doesn't have, but its the same on the wii.

i view the wii as being like an open source system. its technically all freeware. (or pirateware i guess you can call it).

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I class the "holy grail" as the thing most people are asking for.
imho GC from usb is easy with a wode (no need to connect to a pc)

Goldeneye as a wad springs to mind, and banjo tooie also. (these will work 100% on Wii64 and people will still ask for them as wads)

A complete replacement for sys menu and nintendo IOS would be great, but no one ever asks about these things, well rarely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill