Hacking What will be possible with IOSU? A list of things.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Something I want since I bought the Wii U is to use a partitioned HDD, so I could use the same HDD to both Wii U and vWii. Well, I think this could be possible if we have an usb backup loader in the near future. ;) Other than that is, of course, use the gamepad/Pro Controller for Wii games (seriously, it still bugs me that Nintendo didn't make the Pro Controller compatible with the vWii :angry:).
There's nothing to add. That's exactly what I want. One HDD for both. It would just be greater to have one HDD and one launcher (in Wii U mode) to launch everything.

Reactions: dragon12

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not to complain, but I do feel that enabling online for non legitmate game owners would make things go bad for the nintendo community ^^'.

Kingfish4200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to complain, but I do feel that enabling online for non legitmate game owners would make things go bad for the nintendo community ^^'.
I got mario cart 8 but outher then a few select games like smash bros and splatoon, Nintendo is slim on the online multiplay. I know there are more but the ones i listed are where majority of people are.. Online play is not that major for me on Nintendo

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got mario cart 8 but outher then a few select games like smash bros and splatoon, Nintendo is slim on the online multiplay. I know there are more but the ones i listed are where majority of people are.. Online play is not that major for me on Nintendo

Yeh exactly, you got alot of interesting titles without online play for backup loading ^^. So it would worth paying for the one or two games you would play online anyway... That's just me, maybe others play way more,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
His point is, like you said, not many good online games for Nintendo. Taking that away with hackers just makes it worse, and you know it will happen. Pretending it won't makes you look dumb ( not saying you are or anything).

Morning oumou

To be fair, I'd love to try Splatoon without buying it. Wish it had a little demo pc vs CPU map thing

Last edited by EclipseSin,

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know some say that cheating online is already possible with legitmate owned games ^^, but no one can deny that enabling it for non legitmate owned games will just increase that. There might be one to two people out of 100 who would be cheating with their original copies, but with backup loading + online that number will increase exponentially :D. But yeah, it will eventually happen anyway, so let's hope nintendo will prepare some good anti-cheat system.

Reactions: EclipseSin

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hykem is not the kind of a person who would create a thread for laymen, that thread in my opinion was not useless, it would avoid a lot of "omg I didn't block updates now I'm on 5.6.0, no hax for me......I never thought 5.5.0 hack would be released so soon....".
That thread got aver 56000 views, so I believe it served a good purpose for people to prepare :). Bortz could have just said "now this thread has served its purpose to announce the hack, time for it to be burried"

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hykem is not the kind of a person who would create a thread for laymen, that thread in my opinion was not useless, it would avoid a lot of "omg I didn't block updates now I'm on 5.6.0, no hax for me......I never thought 5.5.0 hack would be released so soon....".
That thread got aver 56000 views, so I believe it served a good purpose for people to prepare :). Bortz could have just said "now this thread has served its purpose to announce the hack, time for it to be burried"
^This, when the "news" came out, tubehax DNS on my 5.5 was instantly on :).

Reactions: SonyUSA

Kingfish4200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like "starting from tomorrow", but yeah hopefully he succeeds finishing it up by tomorrow ^^.
Well hate to burst your bubble but hykem said today he was not going to be able to make his Christmas delivery like he wanted might be a few days to a week or two. That came straight from the hourses mouth

D

Deleted-19228

vWii and WiiU run on different NAND/s and chips in the consoles hardware, so an "all for one" menu will probably not be possible. You will need to launch either WiiU mode or vWii mode respectively for what you want to run, not to mention vWii will need to boot up to run the Wii/GC/VC games anyway. I'm not a coder, but it would probably take a lot of work to get that type of functionality, not to mention launching vWii mode doesn't take long at all, and it's already hacked. I see more devs working on WiiU exclusive hacks before moving on to adding vWii functionality. Even if someone does make an all in one menu, there's likely no way to get around the boot time for calling the vWii NAND anyway since it would be required for those games.

What you are saying isn't accurate at all. It runs on the same "NAND/s and chips" in fact, the NAND for WiiU and vWii are on the same flash memory that's split 512MB/512MB

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What about using gamepad with vWii games? That sounds like something I'd love.

This has been possible for over a year.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, until the servers start implementing hash checks on the affected IOSes and banning everyone with an altered one.

Yea, because they did that on the Wii...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?