Homebrew Question What tool exists for extracting saves from SysNAND without booting Atmosphere on SysNAND?

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is there a homebrew app I can launch from EmuNAND or a PC utility that can read my SD and extract my gamesaves so I can inject them into my EmuNAND using Checkpoint without dirtying my SysNAND? Curious because I want to keep my SysNAND and EmuNAND savedata (mostly) synced but I don't want to dirty my SysNAND by booting into Atmosphere and running checkpoint.

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use TegraRCMGUI to mount the Switch's eMMC, mount it again with HacDiskMount, copy the save data and metadata, paste it into the SD card.

Boot into your emuMMC, copy the files with GoldLeaf and paste them into the correct locations. (I know this works in reverse for emuMMC->eMMC)

Heck, you can even backup the emuMMC save data, migrate your eMMC then restore the save data!

Many ways to do this though. You can make a NAND backup of both, mount the NANDs and restore the emuMMC.

Backup eMMC, boot into CFW and get the save data like that then restore it. (You can backup/restore with NxNandManager).

Make sure to have a backup of EVERYTHING, it's practically harmless but better safe than sorry.
Also, if you're going to boot into eMMC setup 90dns/airplane mode PRIOR to booting CFW. Goodluck.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jocover made a tool, James_E added some stuff to it.
Read through this thread
https://gbatemp.net/threads/extract-save-from-nand-backup.514261/
The version in question is - https://gbatemp.net/attachments/libhac-with-saveextractscript-v2-zip.164018/

Basically :

1a. Mount user data from nand (using hacdiskmount)
2a. Copy all files from save directory in the mounted partition to where the tool is, create a new folder called 'save' and paste those files in there
3a. Run.bat
4a. You can find gamesave in the out directory

OR

1b. Use TegraExplorer https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer and copy the save folder
from sysnand to a location on your SD card
2b. Copy that folder from SD to PC
3b. Follow the steps from the above steps starting at 2b

Now that I think about it...OP would you mind being the guinea pig?
Theoretically, since you can use Tegra Explorer to browse both sysnand and emummc, wouldn't it just be as simple as copying the files for the games you want to the SD card, then copying it to the other location...or even direct sysnand to emummc or vice versa? I haven't tried that so I can't say for sure, but best to make a backup of both just in case

Last edited by Andalitez,

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use TegraRCMGUI to mount the Switch's eMMC, mount it again with HacDiskMount, copy the save data and metadata, paste it into the SD card.

Boot into your emuMMC, copy the files with GoldLeaf and paste them into the correct locations. (I know this works in reverse for emuMMC->eMMC)

Heck, you can even backup the emuMMC save data, migrate your eMMC then restore the save data!

Many ways to do this though. You can make a NAND backup of both, mount the NANDs and restore the emuMMC.

Backup eMMC, boot into CFW and get the save data like that then restore it. (You can backup/restore with NxNandManager).

Make sure to have a backup of EVERYTHING, it's practically harmless but better safe than sorry.
Also, if you're going to boot into eMMC setup 90dns/airplane mode PRIOR to booting CFW. Goodluck.
Edit: Sorry misread the answer

Making a nand backup just for saves seems a bit excessive, its exactly what I did, but went searching for an easier way to do it xD

Last edited by Andalitez,
Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

Snowekim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jocover made a tool, James_E added some stuff to it.
Read through this thread

The version in question is -

Basically :

1a. Mount user data from nand (using hacdiskmount)
2a. Copy all files from save directory in the mounted partition to where the tool is, create a new folder called 'save' and paste those files in there
3a. Run.bat
4a. You can find gamesave in the out directory

OR

1b. Use TegraExplorer
from sysnand to a location on your SD card
2b. Copy that folder from SD to PC
3b. Follow the steps from the above steps starting at 2b

Now that I think about it...OP would you mind being the guinea pig?
Theoretically, since you can use Tegra Explorer to browse both sysnand and emummc, wouldn't it just be as simple as copying the files for the games you want to the SD card, then copying it to the other location...or even direct sysnand to emummc or vice versa? I haven't tried that so I can't say for sure, but best to make a backup of both just in case
So I just tried this and somehow my emunand was corrupted. now whenever I try to boot into emunand I get the "Unable to read microsd card" message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o