Hacking What to do about updating?

onad0301

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been reading and reading...and reading....i'm a noooobie...need some help or pointed in right direction... here's my situation

two nights ago i decided to update thru Ninty my wii.....currently was at 3.2u with a D2Pro9 chip... first attempt failed...tried again..left overnight....woke up to failed again....then read new update of 4.2...considered myself lucky... now my wii is at 3.1u..everything works fine , all my games that worked before still work... so thats gr8..

this is what i want to do... update my firmware, install hbc, bootmi, and use a usb loader with my new wd 320g usb hdd...

whats my best route to follow...do i have to update firmware... if not is everything compatible with the 3.1f/w.. i'm lost guys..just need some direction

thanx in advance Onad

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
First of all, stick with xzxero´s guide here in the forum.

Do what it says and you will be playing games on 4.1 soon.

Most important update to 4.1 using Waninkokos Firmware updater, not the official update as 4.2 is out ruining everything homebrew related.

onad0301

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanx for the responses guys... i'll let you know if i hit any snags....

so...if i do this...illinialex24..are you saying that i should never do an official update thru nintendo from now on?

thanx onad

onad0301

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just put everyhting on my sd card.... quick question... do i have to install MIOSpatcher since i have a chip already installed

thank you GOdLiKe.... xzxero's guide is awesome...pretty str8 forwrd

Onad

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, AFAIK mIOS is for backuped GC games right? IDK, but when they work without installing let it be, if not install it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system