Hacking what should i do with my wii?

pkl2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive got a wii that i bought 2.5 years ago and ive got wiikey,Its on firmware 3.2e and the homebrew channel is installed. What should i do next?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well that depends.
do you want to run ww/vc of your sd card?

if yes, update to 4.0.
if no, enjoy your wii as it is!

download homebrew browser to get the latest apps and emulators.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'd suggest installing one of the USB backup loaders. No disc swapping.
biggrin.gif
I prefer the WiiFlow by Hibern, it's truly corgeus and skinnable.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I would just use cIOSCORP, Preloader .28 (not .29 because it can brick your Wii - I had a semi-brick after installing it, although I could still use just it to fix my Wii), and IMGburn to burn your ISOs. I'd just avoid USB loading. It is useful but it's not as reliable as the good old DVD-R discs - games played how they're meant to be. Plus, you can at least then try to make them look authentic. But that's just me. If I can make it look authentic, it makes me even happier. Wow, I must be a sad, sad little man. Although I'm not very little. But screw 4.0x. Every since I downgraded my 3.3E to a 3.2E, I have been very happy with homebrew. I believe I had homebrew on 3.1E and 3.2E before that, but it's still great now, with the latest stuff. Of course, I have to downgrade/upgrade to use Hackmii to update HBC, then reinstall cIOSCORP and preloader, but it's no biggy.

576ZR673tf

I was in the same case and I was getting tired of DVDs + my lens was becomng lazy with burned.

Install Bootmii as boot2 with the Homebrew Channel and CIOS rev9 (I insist on this : rev9, maybe 10 if you don't care about Animal Crossing, but nothing else for revs).
Grab a good hard disk (Seagate Freeagent Go 320 GB).
Rip your DVDs (and so on).
USBLoaderGX is your new DVDs !

Then wait for rev14 as it should bring Wiiware from USB. In the meanwhil, PLAY !

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Eagle687 said:
I was in the same case and I was getting tired of DVDs + my lens was becomng lazy with burned.

Install Bootmii as boot2 with the Homebrew Channel and CIOS rev9 (I insist on this : rev9, maybe 10 if you don't care about Animal Crossing, but nothing else for revs).
Grab a good hard disk (Seagate Freeagent Go 320 GB).
Rip your DVDs (and so on).
USBLoaderGX is your new DVDs !

Then wait for rev14 as it should bring Wiiware from USB. In the meanwhil, PLAY !
listen to this guy. Then learn about Hermes' cIOS's and enjoy full functionality on your tricked-out Wii.

pkl2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im really outdated on the wii. ive havent played it in a while and when all this softmodding came out i was really confused. Thats why i kinda want to stick with disc for the moment just because its easier.also do i have to update my firmware to 4.0 for ff crystal defenders to work?

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If you have HBC and want to stay on discs - just download Neogamma and copy it to the apps folder of your SD card that has your HBC on it and run it as an application from HBC on your Wii . No need to worry about updating to 4.0 to play the latest games just make sure you have a cIOS of say rev7 or 9.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
@TCJJ

USBLoading is very reliable. Most games work flawlesly, plus you dont get the skipping in cutscenes like you do with dvd's, plus it skips all the updates.

Thats why I would install a USBLoader.

pkl2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for the noob questions but what is cIOS rev9 and neogamma?is there a tutorial to explain this stuff?

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
pkl2007 said:
sorry for the noob questions but what is cIOS rev9 and neogamma?is there a tutorial to explain this stuff?
Neogamma allows the playing of backup discs (or the running of games from an external storage e.g hard drive attached to the Wii USB port). cIOS rev7 or 9 or more accurately cIOS36 rev 7 or 9 allows the Wii to run such applications. Google it. BTW Neogamma has a readme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare