I'm orthodox christian btw

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess I would classify myself as atheist, but I could also be called agnostic, deist, etc. Oh, I'm Buddhist too. (Not the mythological crap that teaches Buddha as god, just the principles and teachings). I wouldn't count myself as Christian, it's such a self-centered religion. What kind of omnipotent god would bother dealing with petty humans? =P

Oh, and you forgot about the pastafarians. The Church of The FSM should be on that list.
Edit: Whoops! Found it!

Mieki

Trophies
XP
Country
Meh...is it me, or do all of the websites I go to have atheists? Meh...conservative christians are the worst of em all. After all, his noodly appendages touches all.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No option for followers of Norse Mythology?

Atheist would be mine, I studied a load of religions and decided they were all pointless, however if they help you get through life and you leave me alone (Sunday trading laws are not my favourite things) then I am OK with it.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Remember, this is not a thread to harsh on religions (or lack of them) different than yours. Talk about your religion, explain it, rejoice in it, whatever... be respectful of others in the process. I have a pocketfull of warn increases that I don't want to use.

Thank you very much, that is all.

edit: ok that's not quite all.. I'm not trying to stifle debate if it goes in that direction, but assholes will be moderated. Unless of course you are assholian, in which case I will be slightly more tolerant.

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I think traditional Chinesse I tend to think Confucianism, which is from China. Taoism, has roots in several Asian countries, though it mainly associated with China.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm.... I have my own religion. No one else can join it.

I trust good science. Atheism sounds too sure of itself for me. Maybe Agnostic? But that's gross. I don't want to give someone else's label to what I believe. Even if I said I'm Agnostic, my interpretation of what it is would be different from someone else's. And it's not like my mind is static. I'm not going to hand myself over to one particular way of thinking while I'm constantly learning new things.

I think religion was a useful tool for a while. It's good at organising big groups of people to get them to do what you want. It explains things humans don't want to deal with (or to kids) such as the concept of death, and things that we couldn't explain.

But now we have science, we don't need religion anymore. Religion is just slowing down our progress.

I think it would be sweet if people stopped having wars over religion and invested all of our resources towards the environment, helping each other, the creative arts and technology. Earth isn't going to be habitable for humans forever, so I think it would be a good idea to start thinking about making it survive as long as possible while we work out how to get out of here. In the meantime, lets create real things of value, such as paintings, movies, books, video games, explore the outdoors etc.

We tried religion for a couple of thousand years, it was useful for a while, but now it's a hindrance. Let's get over it!
biggrin.gif

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm.... I have my own religion. No one else can join it.

I trust good science. Atheism sounds too sure of itself for me. Maybe Agnostic? But that's gross. I don't want to give someone else's label to what I believe. Even if I said I'm Agnostic, my interpretation of what it is would be different from someone else's. And it's not like my mind is static. I'm not going to hand myself over to one particular way of thinking while I'm constantly learning new things.

I think religion was a useful tool for a while. It's good at organising big groups of people to get them to do what you want. It explains things humans don't want to deal with (or to kids) such as the concept of death, and things that we couldn't explain.

But now we have science, we don't need religion anymore. Religion is just slowing down our progress.

I think it would be sweet if people stopped having wars over religion and invested all of our resources towards the environment, helping each other, the creative arts and technology. Earth isn't going to be habitable for humans forever, so I think it would be a good idea to start thinking about making it survive as long as possible while we work out how to get out of here. In the meantime, lets create real things of value, such as paintings, movies, books, video games, explore the outdoors etc.

We tried religion for a couple of thousand years, it was useful for a while, but now it's a hindrance. Let's get over it!
biggrin.gif

Hehehe... somehting about that reply sounded slightly creepy. Reminds me of Rapture (from Bioshock - the great game)

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it did sound pretty creepy. And looooong! Just wait until I tell you about my dreams of having a cyborg body with nanobots to regrow my brain cells! (And a digital backup of my consciousness uploaded to the internets so I can be Ghost in the Shell)
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson