What languages do you read in and speak?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for me I speak/read in English. This helps me in life to play video games, read books, and communicate with other fellows, I learned this AWESOME language when I was 4-5(lol don't call me stupid for learning it at an old age). Well I use English for everything. I knew how to read Hebrew(learned when I was 12-13) I never knew how to speak in it. I now can't read for shit in Hebrew I forgot everything... I know how to speak in Russian(learned it when I was 2) I only use it at home to speak to my parents and my relatives(no video game is ever in russian) I learned how to read in Russian when I was 14(yep this year). I took russian class for Foreign language this year because I already knew how to speak in it but not read in it. I didn't take spanish because I suck at it major balls I took it last year.... So in all things:

English
Russian

Don't call my stupid because I learned English when I was 4-5... I also understand Ukrainian if they speak is slowly.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't read or speak English at all.
sad.gif

Would you teach it to me please?
biggrin.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
English, Uzbek and very little bit of French is spoken language.
English, Uzbek (in Russian , and Latin alphabet), and bit of French in written.
How do you not know how to speak in Russian? The teachers in Uzbekistan teach in Russian...

And Russian is not a alphabet. I think you mean Cyrillic.

D

Deleted User

American English, British English, Some Caribbean Dialects and a fair amount of Spanish and a little Japanese.

D

Deleted User

I understand Spanish perfectly (being a native of Mexico) but have some difficulty forming sentences in Spanish, orally or in writing. Its weird.

I took 3 years of French in high school, so I can understand some of it and write it too.

Being multilingual is a big benefit even if you don't travel because you can understand music and other media that is not in your language.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm very fluent in English since I grew up in the States. I also can speak Chinese fluently by am mostly illiterate (I only know up to a first-graders level for reading and writing).
Took three years of French in high school but I suppose I forgot everything.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Jakob95 said:
Westside said:
English, Uzbek and very little bit of French is spoken language.
English, Uzbek (in Russian , and Latin alphabet), and bit of French in written.
How do you not know how to speak in Russian? The teachers in Uzbekistan teach in Russian...

And Russian is not a alphabet. I think you mean Cyrillic.
Most people don't know what Cyrillic is so it is easier for everyone. Also, I left the country when I was like 10 years old. My parents taught me how to speak the language and write it.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
English! Know very little French and .00001% Chinese (chinese restaurant near where i live, chinese owners, I'm a regular so yeah o_o)

Uncle came from California and taught me at age 10, and i was interested so i studied a lot. I regret not learning more languages. =(

Knowing English, I can play VG's without waiting the Spanish version to come out though I wish I knew enough Japanese to watch anime/non-export games from Japan. ;O

English Pros:

Tourists (Springs Breakers) come and my manager pays me a bit more for translating
VG's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.