Hacking What Japanese game includes a 9.0J update?

masksacrafice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find any retail games that include the update on 3ds essh, only an eshop game. I want to update my Japan New 3ds to 9.0.0-20J. Tried searching through here and google and couldn't find an answer.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't find any retail games that include the update on 3ds essh, only an eshop game. I want to update my Japan New 3ds to 9.0.0-20J. Tried searching through here and google and couldn't find an answer.

i don't think so. that's why we update 8.1J to 9.2J using ntr debugger. or u can install manually using 3dsnus

masksacrafice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says that it's not noob friendly and I might brick my 3ds. Best bet is to wait until an easier way comes along?
Brick? I highly doubt it. Update to 9.7 accidentally? Now that's possible.
If you were planning on a hardmod you could backup NAND with the GW launcher and then attempt this so you can restore later if need be.

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says that it's not noob friendly and I might brick my 3ds. Best bet is to wait until an easier way comes along?
I did that method and it worked, but in retrospect it was kind of a foolish impulse decision.. First and foremost, you need to have a back-up stored of your current 8.1.0J some where..

Now, if hypothetically there were already a hardware way to restore firmware to a N3DS, then I would say you should try to upgrade to 9.2.0, because if you fail, you could just reflash 8.1.0 on there.. But for some reason (as far as I know) there is only a way to hardware restore the O3DS (and not the N3DS).. So, I would ask your self if you REALLY need ninjhax right now and can't wait until later, because where you stand right now (8.1.0) you already have the ability to play games on it..
If you don't do that upgrade method perfectly, you will be on 9.7+.. Now imagine for a second the feeling of seeing your firmware at good old 9.7.. To some people, that would be tantamount to having it bricked..

If I were you, I would either wait until a more reliable method is available to upgrade, or wait until some one figures out how to hardwarely flash firmware to N3DS..
If you DO decide to try it though, you need to make sure you follow all the steps exactly, and understand what is going on exactly.. Missing one crucial step will give you some instant karma that you won't enjoy..

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But for some reason (as far as I know) there is only a way to hardware restore the O3DS (and not the N3DS)..

Hardmodding N3DS is one of the first things I recall seeing people do, and it works fine last I saw.

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-