What Japanese game includes a 9.0J update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by masksacrafice, May 19, 2015.

1. masksacrafice
    OP

masksacrafice Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2013
    United States
    Place of Birth
    I can't find any retail games that include the update on 3ds essh, only an eshop game. I want to update my Japan New 3ds to 9.0.0-20J. Tried searching through here and google and couldn't find an answer.

2. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    i don't think so. that's why we update 8.1J to 9.2J using ntr debugger. or u can install manually using 3dsnus

3. innercy

Oct 22, 2006
    sorry double post, browser problem.

4. innercy

Oct 22, 2006
    triple post.sorry

5. masksacrafice
    OP

masksacrafice Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2013
    United States
    Place of Birth
    It says that I need 9.0J for Ninjhax. Never used 3dsnus, so I know nothing about it, but I will look into it, thank you.

6. innercy

Oct 22, 2006
  7. masksacrafice
    OP

masksacrafice Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2013
    United States
    Place of Birth
  8. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    Brick? I highly doubt it. Update to 9.7 accidentally? Now that's possible.
    If you were planning on a hardmod you could backup NAND with the GW launcher and then attempt this so you can restore later if need be.

9. FF777

FF777 人を呪わば穴二つ

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    I did that method and it worked, but in retrospect it was kind of a foolish impulse decision.. First and foremost, you need to have a back-up stored of your current 8.1.0J some where..

Now, if hypothetically there were already a hardware way to restore firmware to a N3DS, then I would say you should try to upgrade to 9.2.0, because if you fail, you could just reflash 8.1.0 on there.. But for some reason (as far as I know) there is only a way to hardware restore the O3DS (and not the N3DS).. So, I would ask your self if you REALLY need ninjhax right now and can't wait until later, because where you stand right now (8.1.0) you already have the ability to play games on it..
    If you don't do that upgrade method perfectly, you will be on 9.7+.. Now imagine for a second the feeling of seeing your firmware at good old 9.7.. To some people, that would be tantamount to having it bricked..

If I were you, I would either wait until a more reliable method is available to upgrade, or wait until some one figures out how to hardwarely flash firmware to N3DS..
    If you DO decide to try it though, you need to make sure you follow all the steps exactly, and understand what is going on exactly.. Missing one crucial step will give you some instant karma that you won't enjoy..

10. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    Hardmodding N3DS is one of the first things I recall seeing people do, and it works fine last I saw.

11. FF777

FF777 人を呪わば穴二つ

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    Oh yeah, you are right.. I thought I remembered people having problems finding out how to hard-mod it, but any way, it seems that it is possible as of now any way..
    Here is a link I found about it to any one else reading this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-nand-backup-possible-i-hope.381506