• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What is your opinion on coronavirus vaccines?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 9,532
  • Replies 109
Status
Not open for further replies.

r0achtheunsavory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downturn of a bust cycle

Any nation with a central bank is in a permanent "bust cycle" because the central bank picks winners and losers - privatized gains, socialized losses. That's crony capitalism and nobody can compete with that. It's designed to eat all competitors leaving nothing but monopolies run by the usury bankers with everyone as their slaves.

Using the word "bust cycle" implies Keynesianism has any validity whatsoever when it doesn't. Keynesianism is slavery, period. Keynesianism also causes there to be no limit on government growth and waste which is 100% guaranteed to cause complete collapse.

Keynesianism claims to 'ease' the fallout of the business cycle, but all it does is amplify the severity of the business cycle through intervention with things like loose credit. People claim the business cycle would still exist under physical metals, but the severity would be so much less you might barely even notice it compared to now where it's a world ending event.

Last edited by r0achtheunsavory,
D

Deleted User

OP
Sketchy. I'm not going to take any, anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

once thing for sure you do not want to take the Russian vaccine. ever seen that movie gundala? :creep:
The one where the guy looks like a cheap knockoff of Kamen Rider / Power Rangers? No. It's the first time I've looked it up.

Probably going to be free vaccine in Canada when it's available, we have free health care.

At the moment we just don't know which one the Canadian government will choose.
Free health care like in U.K.? Well, that's not exactly free.

Nothing you can do about it the vaccine is going to be mandatory
That's what concerns me and others. Let them try that.

I have mixed feelings about coronavirus vaccines.

On one hand, the drastic measures it takes to control the spread of the coronavirus compromise peoples' quality of life and countries' economies. This is a deadly virus and survivors have shared some rather painful stories about their experiences. Anti-vax groups give me the shits and I'm tempted to say that a vaccine should be made mandatory just to spite them, fuck consent.

On the other hand, the coronavirus is highly politised and pharmaceutical companies have a financial incentive to be the first to release a vaccine to the market. I fear that those who document the vaccines' side-effects during testing phases are biased in vaccines' favour. I also tend to be paranoid.

No wonder.

r0achtheunsavory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He wants vaccines to be mandatory? I counter-mandate anyone using the word mandatory vaccine receives the mandatory electric chair.

Since feminists and women have been elevated to the status of living Gods in the gynocentric dystopia of western civilization, my mandate clearly takes precedent because even though I'm not a woman, I can simply invoke a female slogan like "my body, my choice" and I automatically win.

D

Deleted User

OP
This thread has fallen into the shits. It's time for it to get locked.

@Veho @Issac @T-hug @Scarlet can one of you please lock this thread?

r0achtheunsavory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because you got wrecked trying to play God thinking you get to screw with other people's lives who you have no authority over? Did your parents not teach you things like this when you were say...10 years old.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

@Veho @Issac @T-hug @Scarlet can one of you please lock this thread?
If you think a thread should be locked, report it so mods can see it and discuss appropriately. Tagging people tends not to be the best move.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Any nation with a central bank is in a permanent "bust cycle" because the central bank picks winners and losers - privatized gains, socialized losses. That's crony capitalism and nobody can compete with that. It's designed to eat all competitors leaving nothing but monopolies run by the usury bankers with everyone as their slaves.
And then you woke up and the remembered, thats just a song someone told you? ;)

For the 10thish time, get away from the idea of Disney villains and heroes.

All of this comes out of believes of 'what is best' in a given situation.

A term that is thrown around a lot in relation to those concepts is 'creative destruction':

https://web.archive.org/web/2020052...conomists-creative-destruction-theory-is.html

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/jan/21/alan-greenspan-business-cycle

Another part of this is, 'out of the old, in with the new', which also is inherently what capitalism (system) flurishes on.

National banks, for the most part try to keep a stable 2% (roundabout) inflation rate going, with growth right around, but a little over that mark. (This includes violating their mandate and injecting direct investments into companies (instead of giving banks the means to give out credit) with a high headcount these days - which is done to stabilize, societies - largely. (Something european central banks were caught doing recently.))

And boom an bust kind of always seem to happen in capitalism. No bad guy meticulously planning them.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,
D

Deleted User

OP
Because you got wrecked trying to play God thinking you get to screw with other people's lives who you have no authority over? Did your parents not teach you things like this when you were say...10 years old.
You try telling this to Catherine Hughes whose son died of whooping cough because he was too young to be vaccinated and wasn't protected by herb immunity.

If you can vaccinate, you must vaccinate. This is not about freedom of choice, this is about protecting those around you.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ncy-could-undermine-australias-covid-response

If you think a thread should be locked, report it so mods can see it and discuss appropriately. Tagging people tends not to be the best move.
Done, thanks for the tip.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In the US state will likely pay for your vaccine doses. US economic fallout is largely because you are currently destroying structural wealth as a result of high unemployment - which were an indirect result of the US healthcare system not caring about the poor. Late reactions of part of your 'leadership' in part were a reaction to the US not being able to scale up testing early, as the capacity wasnt nearly there - to do something that would have you care about everyone of your citizens.

And if you see tax avoidance, even using loopholes as your duty, to what end? Look at Apple - all of their worth increase in the Tim Apple (Cook) aera has come from productivity increases, and licensing. Money mountain grows, whenever a european country tries to tax them US threatens to stop german car imports. Yipee, what a life?

You are simply an extremist, following an outdated ideology that is not fit to solve anything at the downturn of a bust cycle. What you dont understand is what mainstream economists realized 80 years ago.
What do you mean by "tax avoidance"? You should pay how much you owe and not a single penny more, easy as that - that's not "avoidance", that's "following the law". I know reading is hard, but I'm not a fan of American healthcare - I was the one who said it should be torn down, remember? You're arguing with yourself again.

EDIT: Closing thread upon OP's request.

Last edited by Foxi4,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc