Hardware What is your most wanted game product feature? How much do you think it is worth?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I googled a few of the products you mentioned, which is an area we've never covered.
Is there a high demand for these products at the moment? I saw the price of Logitech G13 is $450, very high price.
I'm not sure what the demand is, but the G13 itself retailed for only about 70€/$80 new when it first released in 2004. The razer Tartarus should be about the same price.

Looks like the G13 got discontinued recently and thus scalpers are trying to scam people, $450 is definitely ridiculous for that chunk of plastic and rubber dome keyboard, no matter how neat I think it is.

For something with mechanical switches I'd probably shell out about 100, maybe more if it's hot swappable. The display usually felt like a pointless gimmick so that could easily be cut, almost no games utilized it in any way that would make it worth looking away from the monitor.

Reactions: AKNES

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Hall-effect analog joysticks like others have said to fix controller drift.

Back paddles to be a standard feature for standard controllers, kinda ridiculous to pay $250 for a pro controller just to get back paddles.

Sony's $25 Ps4 Back Button Attachment was an awesome plug 'n play solution with an affordable price.

Someone should come up with another plug 'n play solution for Ps5's DualSense coz $ony won't make a Ps5 version, I mean they do not want a measly 25 bucks when they can get $200 from you by selling DualSense Edge.

Ps4 Paddles f1.jpg

Reactions: Cajumjoe

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I want to get inspiration from you, which is also in line with our brand philosophy, and do our best to create products that users want.
I just want hall effect sticks for the Valve Index controllers.
The sticks they used have got to be the most flimsy analog sticks ever (worse than even the Switch JoyCons)
And they are a hassle to replace, being soldered with about 13-14 through hole pins, and about 8 ribbon cables that must be unplugged in order to get the mainboard out.
Sadly there is no good replacement for them available at this time. So the replacements will also suffer the same issue after some time.
Needing to replace them multiple times is not fun.
And this is currently the best VR controllers on the market, so there isn't really a better option to switch to.

Many or even most Valve Index users (or owners of other VR headsets that are using Valve Index controllers for the finger tracking) suffer from stick drift, those who don't yet will experience it soon. So I think there is definitely a market for higher quality sticks.

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
For something with mechanical switches I'd probably shell out about 100, maybe more if it's hot swappable. The display usually felt like a pointless gimmick so that could easily be cut, almost no games utilized it in any way that would make it worth looking away from the monitor.
I also had the same question when I saw the monitor, so I thought the monitor had other functions.
I'm not sure what the demand is, but the G13 itself retailed for only about 70€/$80 new when it first released in 2004. The razer Tartarus should be about the same price.

Looks like the G13 got discontinued recently and thus scalpers are trying to scam people, $450 is definitely ridiculous for that chunk of plastic and rubber dome keyboard, no matter how neat I think it is.
Thank you for this information, I will start to consider this type of product in our product development.
Post automatically merged:

coz $ony won't make a Ps5 version
Is Sony sure it won't develop a PS5 version?

I just want hall effect sticks for the Valve Index controllers.
The sticks they used have got to be the most flimsy analog sticks ever (worse than even the Switch JoyCons)
And they are a hassle to replace, being soldered with about 13-14 through hole pins, and about 8 ribbon cables that must be unplugged in order to get the mainboard out.
Sadly there is no good replacement for them available at this time. So the replacements will also suffer the same issue after some time.
Needing to replace them multiple times is not fun.
And this is currently the best VR controllers on the market, so there isn't really a better option to switch to.

Many or even most Valve Index users (or owners of other VR headsets that are using Valve Index controllers for the finger tracking) suffer from stick drift, those who don't yet will experience it soon. So I think there is definitely a market for higher quality sticks.
Can you show me the URL of the official website for sale? I want to see how much this product sold

Last edited by AKNES,

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Sony's $25 Ps4 Back Button Attachment was an awesome plug 'n play solution with an affordable price.

...$ony won't make a Ps5 version, I mean they do not want a measly 25 bucks when they can get $200 from you by selling DualSense Edge.

Is Sony sure it won't develop a PS5 version?

Logic says no they won't make a Ps5 version coz they will make more profit selling the $200 DualSense Edge, all about the Almighty Dollar.

Anyway Ps5 has been on sale for almost 3 years, if $ony were to sell a Ps5 back button attachment they would have done so already, probably as a package deal like how they market and bundle the Pulse 3D headset, charging stand and media remote together to new Ps5 buyers.
Besides they stopped making the attachment for Ps4.

For Ps5 there exists a 3rd party option, the eXtreme Rate Rise remap kit but it is not plug n play, requires dis-assembling the dualsense controller, and the back cover needs changing.

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Logic says no they won't make a Ps5 version coz they will make more profit selling the $200 DualSense Edge, all about the Almighty Dollar.

Anyway Ps5 has been on sale for almost 3 years, if $ony were to sell a Ps5 back button attachment they would have done so already, probably as a package deal like how they market and bundle the Pulse 3D headset, charging stand and media remote together to new Ps5 buyers.
Besides they stopped making the attachment for Ps4.

For Ps5 there exists a 3rd party option, the eXtreme Rate Rise remap kit but it is not plug n play, requires dis-assembling the dualsense controller, and the back cover needs changing.
I searched for related PS5 Back Paddles on Amazon, and it seems that the reviews are not very good. There may be some difficulties in deciphering it.
I will present this product concept to the team to see if it can be tried.

• Love
Reactions: HellGhast

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Keycaps for specific languages / layouts
Several times I see interesting keyboards that aren't available with a Portuguese Layout (I bet it happens in other layouts too).
I have even bought keyboards from very well known brands, that state the layout is in Portuguese, and then I get keycaps where the symbols have been painted on as an extra to some other layout (US/UK most of the times).
Because these are keyboard with backlights, this also means that the light doesn't show on the painted symbols.
I even got a keyboard that has the main symbols painted on, and only the secondary symbol is light passing.
Most of the brands will not sell the keycaps sets separately, or when they do, it's not the layout I want, or it's the full set with a bunch of keys I don't need (leading to extra costs and waste of materials).
To give an example, look at this beauty: - layout? English...
Price: 15~20 euros

Gaming chair covers / protectors
The last chair I bought, I made sure it was fabric because I got tired of PU leather starting to break into pieces.
My gf's chair is suffering bad from this, and she even tried to make a cover herself for the seat, with some straps to tie, but the design didn't really work that well and it keeps falling / moving.
Maybe it can even be padded/cushioned on some places to make them more ergonomic and compensate for several chair's bad design.
Price: depends on the material of the cover, but a piece of fabric with straps, washable... 20 euros, maybe 40 if it's a real high quality thing. Customizable back support seems like a good idea.

Double thickness XL desk/mouse pads

I stopped using small mouse pads once I started using "desk pads" (using 90x45 now). It just makes the surface softer, a much bigger mouse area.
Often I place my elbows on the table (lack of manners/etiquette?), so to make it even softer, I got a second pad and stacked it on top of the other (and maybe a third wasn't such a bad idea, or perhaps I should just get a pillow instead XD).

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I searched for related PS5 Back Paddles on Amazon, and it seems that the reviews are not very good. There may be some difficulties in deciphering it.
I will present this product concept to the team to see if it can be tried.

Yay...good to hear this, thanks...And Ps4 + Ps5 Hall-effect Joysticks would be awesome.

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Keycaps for specific languages / layouts
Several times I see interesting keyboards that aren't available with a Portuguese Layout (I bet it happens in other layouts too).
I have even bought keyboards from very well known brands, that state the layout is in Portuguese, and then I get keycaps where the symbols have been painted on as an extra to some other layout (US/UK most of the times).
Because these are keyboard with backlights, this also means that the light doesn't show on the painted symbols.
I even got a keyboard that has the main symbols painted on, and only the secondary symbol is light passing.
Most of the brands will not sell the keycaps sets separately, or when they do, it's not the layout I want, or it's the full set with a bunch of keys I don't need (leading to extra costs and waste of materials).
I don't know Portuguese very well.
But for Chinese, we can implement Chinese input from English letters. We learn 'pin yin' from kindergarten, and then the composition of 'pin yin' is English letters plus phonetic symbols, but when using keyboard input, we can Ignore sound mark

Gaming chair covers / protectors
The last chair I bought, I made sure it was fabric because I got tired of PU leather starting to break into pieces.
My gf's chair is suffering bad from this, and she even tried to make a cover herself for the seat, with some straps to tie, but the design didn't really work that well and it keeps falling / moving.
Maybe it can even be padded/cushioned on some places to make them more ergonomic and compensate for several chair's bad design.
Price: depends on the material of the cover, but a piece of fabric with straps, washable... 20 euros, maybe 40 if it's a real high quality thing. Customizable back support seems like a good idea.

Double thickness XL desk/mouse pads
I stopped using small mouse pads once I started using "desk pads" (using 90x45 now). It just makes the surface softer, a much bigger mouse area.
Often I place my elbows on the table (lack of manners/etiquette?), so to make it even softer, I got a second pad and stacked it on top of the other (and maybe a third wasn't such a bad idea, or perhaps I should just get a pillow instead XD).
Gaming chairs and mouse pads, are there any products on the market that satisfy you? In the product classification category, there should be corresponding professional sellers who can achieve this, because it is not difficult.

Yay...good to hear this, thanks...And Ps4 + Ps5 Hall-effect Joysticks would be awesome.
Hall Joystick is already in development

Reactions: HellGhast

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know Portuguese very well.
But for Chinese, we can implement Chinese input from English letters. We learn 'pin yin' from kindergarten, and then the composition of 'pin yin' is English letters plus phonetic symbols, but when using keyboard input, we can Ignore sound mark

Gaming chairs and mouse pads, are there any products on the market that satisfy you? In the product classification category, there should be corresponding professional sellers who can achieve this, because it is not difficult.

Hall Joystick is already in development
Portuguese uses a "normal" roman alphabet layout, with some specific symbol placement. For example, we have a dedicated key for Ç, that I think the Spanish layout also uses, but Spanish has an additional } on the same key... Portuguese layout also uses an oversized Enter key for some reason.

As for Gaming chairs, I have 2 Matrics Throne (it's very similar to the Noblechairs Epic model, one of them with the cracking PU leather) and a Razer Iskur Fabric. Do they satisfy me? Nope... to be honest, they both lack lombar support. I got the Razer because it has adjustable lombar support but the design is all wrong and instead of actually supporting the back / lombar, it pushes the "backside" forward instead. Good idea, terrible execution.

Edit: Maybe Aknes should consider building gaming chairs too :P These things are huge and heavy, and when they break it's a massive piece of trash / waste of materials. I wonder if "modular chairs" could be a thing... where the customer could customize the parts of the chair and therefore, replace only a smaller affected part when they break.

As for mousepads, I like them to be discreet, like a single colour, textured rubber beneath to reduce movement on the desk, stitching around the edges. Using some Matrics XL MP90 - they are very cheap but quality is nice (Matrics is a "portuguese" brand. In reality, it's all manufactured to spec in China and then labelled as Matrics).

Last edited by Cajumjoe,

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it is not possible without a modded console these days, but cheat devices would be great.

Ahh, the old 8-32 bit days. Well the PS2 has 64-bit too, so it also counts.
But internet-gaming and updates/DRM ruined all of that, never likely to return.

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Portuguese uses a "normal" roman alphabet layout, with some specific symbol placement. For example, we have a dedicated key for Ç, that I think the Spanish layout also uses, but Spanish has an additional } on the same key... Portuguese layout also uses an oversized Enter key for some reason.

As for Gaming chairs, I have 2 Matrics Throne (it's very similar to the Noblechairs Epic model, one of them with the cracking PU leather) and a Razer Iskur Fabric. Do they satisfy me? Nope... to be honest, they both lack lombar support. I got the Razer because it has adjustable lombar support but the design is all wrong and instead of actually supporting the back / lombar, it pushes the "backside" forward instead. Good idea, terrible execution.

Edit: Maybe Aknes should consider building gaming chairs too :P These things are huge and heavy, and when they break it's a massive piece of trash / waste of materials. I wonder if "modular chairs" could be a thing... where the customer could customize the parts of the chair and therefore, replace only a smaller affected part when they break.

As for mousepads, I like them to be discreet, like a single colour, textured rubber beneath to reduce movement on the desk, stitching around the edges. Using some Matrics XL MP90 - they are very cheap but quality is nice (Matrics is a "portuguese" brand. In reality, it's all manufactured to spec in China and then labelled as Matrics).
So actually, does Portugal have its own keyboard?

Gaming chairs, this is completely cross-border, it seems difficult to break into it? !

Although I also support retro feelings, it is difficult to make it go back in this era.
I know it is not possible without a modded console these days, but cheat devices would be great.

Ahh, the old 8-32 bit days. Well the PS2 has 64-bit too, so it also counts.
But internet-gaming and updates/DRM ruined all of that, never likely to return.

Reactions: _47iscool

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So actually, does Portugal have its own keyboard?

Gaming chairs, this is completely cross-border, it seems difficult to break into it? !

Although I also support retro feelings, it is difficult to make it go back in this era.

Yep, it's this layout. This is actually an En layout with stickers, but it shows better what are the specific changes (the keys with the stickers). A native Portuguese layout would have an enter key that was fused with the key above it (^ / ~), and that key would be on the right side of ª / º key.

1691404342488.png

Last edited by Cajumjoe,

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yep, it's this layout. This is actually an En layout with stickers, but it shows better what are the specific changes (the keys with the stickers). A native Portuguese layout would have an enter key that was fused with the key above it (^ / ~), and that key would be on the right side of ª / º key.
Learned something new.

This is mine, little difference.

40d8adeca41c37740edd0b4b3ebe2dc.jpg

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Here's the sample, the one I've seen before. GuliKit was brought to the exhibition.
It is still in trial production to solve the problems that may arise in the mass factory and solve them.
The exact time is hard to say and hard to predict. (GuliKit also did not specifically mention which month the production can be completed)
@AKNES is there any estimate for release?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol