What is the rarest game you own?

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the things I own are PAL games so probably not worth the match, never mind the fuel, used to burn them were I getting rid of them.

Likewise I don't actually know the "rarest", by which I mean most expensive, games for a given system as you in turn get things like NCAA College Basketball 2K3 on the gamecube (it is a sports game, aka the dross you usually have to filter through in car boot sales and charity shops, but apparently it is really rare and so expensive as a result) the wind waker/metroid double pack on the gamecube -- while the base games don't go for lunch money this disc apparently clocks hundreds (it only came bundled with systems for a limited period or something).

By and large I have not really sold or traded anything from the PS1 on up. To that end as nobody wanted them at the time I have a reasonable collection of most of the good PAL N64 and GC games, even still have the cardboard boxes for most of the N64 games (albeit flattened and stuck in another cardboard box). PS1 I did not accrue quite as nice a collection for but it seems some of the final fantasy games and similar don't go for nothing.

I did once pay up for a boxed copy of Tetris Advance, aka the one good commercial tetris on the GBA http://www.success-corp.co.jp/software/gba/tetris/ but I see I can now find that for a 1000 yen.

I mostly only collect games I like or that have a really nice example, or early example, of a given mechanic or gameplay style, or maybe something notable in the censorship world. Kind of kicking myself for not picking up a stack of sega CD games at the dump a while back as it would have meant I own a copy of night trap.
How much did Tetris Advance cost

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Use to own.

Clay Fighters Sculptures Cut

The rare N64 Block Buster exclusive Edition.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I bought it used at Gamestop for around 7 bucks in early 2000's.

Reactions: KiiWii
D

Deleted User

I got Metroid Prime 3 for $5 at GameStop.

I go went the Toy Vault (where they sell old toys and video games), and saw it going for about $40.

Other than that, nothing.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- A few SNES games including a JAP Street Fighter Alpha 2 Import cart, Stunt Race FX, Chrono Trigger, Megaman 7 and Megaman and Bass.
- Original PS1 CIB Longbox Ridge Racer, Resident Evil, Tekken, Doom, NBA JAM, Loaded, Street Fighter Alpha and Twisted Metal.
- Donkey Kong Coleco Cartridge

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I have a few that I hold high in my collection. I don't know if they can be called rare though:

The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (that Gamecube one).
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Collector's Edition (Gamecube, comes with an extra disc with Ocarina of Time and Master Quest).

Silent Hill 3 and 4 for PS2, both signed by Akira Yamaoka. (Not rare games, but the autograph makes it a bit more unique. Especially since he wrote "Stockholm" too (in Japanese)).

Chrono Trigger, complete in box with manual and map, for the SNES.

I can't remember any more games I have that may be considered rare... I mean, my old boxed Link's Awakening that I got in 1994... but it's not rare it's just precious to me.
Oh, and I don't count things like these (that I have):
New Super Mario Bro's Wii in a tin can.
Zelda Spirit Tracks in a huge tin can with some figurines.
Wind Waker HD with huge Ganondorf figurine.
Skyward Sword with gold wiimote.

I do have some Famicom and Super Famicom games, some boxed and in super nice condition. Dunno how rare those may be.
Oh the Zelda's Ocarina Master quest gamecube edition is rare?
I got that brand new at block buster for 5 bucks around 2004.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- A few SNES games including a JAP Street Fighter Alpha 2 Import cart, Stunt Race FX, Chrono Trigger, Megaman 7 and Megaman and Bass.
- Original PS1 CIB Longbox Ridge Racer, Resident Evil, Tekken, Doom, NBA JAM, Loaded, Street Fighter Alpha and Twisted Metal.
- Donkey Kong Coleco Cartridge

I'll take Megaman 7 off your hands. :P

Reactions: Maxbeta

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol its looking quite krusty on the outside (label chipping off) so I stored the original packaging and moved the board to a custom cart with new label to conserve it fresh. :yay:

I have several carts that I play on my retron including all Mega Man games. 7 has eluded me since it's so expensive. that and Mega Man X3 are two games I need.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I think he meant its a rare find nowadays.
Clay fighter sculptures cut is a very rare game. Only 20,000 were produced. The only way to get your hands on it was to rent it when it first came out. I got lucky I found it at gamestop used. I had no idea it was rare at the time.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clay fighter sculptures cut is a very rare game. Only 20,000 were produced. The only way to get your hands on it was to rent it when it first came out. I got lucky I found it at gamestop used. I had no idea it was rare at the time.
Oh I wasn't doubting the rarity of that one. Was talking about the LOZ. I remember working as an Assistant Manager for FYE back then and we had so many copies we had to start giving them out with any Gamecube game purchase. lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not the game, but the Tempest 2000 soundtrack CD that was only sold with Jaguar CD systems is a rare find.
Nice! That OST is amazing! I still have my Nocturn of The Moonlight Import CD like new. Some OST you just HAVE to get.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Oh I wasn't doubting the rarity of that one. Was talking about the LOZ. I remember working as an Assistant Manager for FYE back then and we had so many copies we had to start giving them out with any Gamecube game purchase. lol
Ya I guess thats how I got Zelda for 5 bucks. I sold sculptures cut for around 100 bucks. Amazing since I bought it 7 bucks. The label was scratched, with half of it missing. Amazing that I was still able to sell for 100 cart only.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a list of rares or expensive games to rely on? I own many games but I don't know what are the ones that should be worth mentioning.

I know for sure I own Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on Gamecube, and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, apparently rare? I got both of them for pretty cheap.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I got tons of games, but I don't know what to consider "rare" since many of the ones posted aren't actually that hard to find, but I guess some I got that are hard to find nowadays are Lucas Art's Outlaws collector edition, the original Grim Fandango in all it's glory and the entire Phantasmagoria (physical copy, all 7 disks which are impossible to find nowadays)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly