Hacking What is the possibility of a 3.56 hack?

Nifs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm wondering if there's even a chance at all that the hackers will be able to pull off a 3.56 version without the service-mode. Do you guys think it is at all possible? Any theories on this?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It's definitely possible for a retrograde 3.56 hack once 3.60 is fully hacked (it's only semi-hacked so far), but there will never be any CFW for 3.56. Your best option for now is to update to 3.60 and enjoy PSN for the time being. If 3.60 CFW is completed, you'll have the option to update to that. If it never comes... well at least you're not losing anything.

Nifs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was thinking any version with the service mode shut off really, so 3.5x 3.60 it's all cool for me
smile.gif

Any news on the progress/articles for the 3.60 hack

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
IIRC, they've got Lv0 access and are trying to reverse engineer their way to the private keys. Some say it's impossible, some say it's a matter of time, some say the people who actually know how to do it just aren't trying (the argument being that 3.55 CFW does everything, so why put the effort into 3.6X except to re-enable PSN piracy?).

Naturally half of that is just rumours or unconfirmed tweets. I don't pay much attention because other people will, and when it's close to a proper release then there'll be a hype fest and everybody will hear. Until then, I just enjoy my PS3 for what it can do (which is admittedly mostly everything except PSN).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated