Hacking What is the Best Flashcart for DSi?

Doyouwantaspoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an M3i Zero running Sakura, but i've noticed a lot of incompatibility issues, having to patch roms etc. I want to buy a good flashcart with the most new features. What would you recommend?

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Supercard DS2 or iSmart MM

Both have
- Built in Video Player
- GBA Emulation
- Real time save
- Cheat support
- Play all newest games (including Pokemon black/white)
- More....

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cardchart.gif

Personally, I would go with the DSTWO if you got the cash or an Acekard 2i if you are more on a budget.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pyrmon24 said:
cardchart.gif

Personally, I would go with the DSTWO if you got the cash or an Acekard 2i if you are more on a budget.

he said "most new features" so that is why I suggested high-end flash cards

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
haddad said:
pyrmon24 said:
snip

I know, but it really depends what he meant by "most new features". And, besides, the Acekard 2i as a pretty nice amount of features too.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pyrmon24 said:
haddad said:
pyrmon24 said:
snip

I know, but it really depends what he meant by "most new features". And, besides, the Acekard 2i as a pretty nice amount of features too.

true, true....

Doyouwantaspoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Money isnt an issue, considering these only go up to like $40. I just want the best and most features, most compatible, and most well-built.

EDIT: Also, where would you suggest I buy a Supercard DSTwo?

Also, what do you mean they emulate GBA? With a slot-2 card? Or by themselves? I thought that was impossible

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Doyouwantaspoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I don't mean to second guess you, but why do you suggest there? I found a thread @ Romulation asking where they should buy one, and not a single person suggested that website. Why do you recommend them?

Thank you for all of your input everyone!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Doyouwantaspoon said:
Also, what do you mean they emulate GBA? With a slot-2 card? Or by themselves? I thought that was impossible
The DSTWO can do it by itself.

It WAS impossible until these special carts came out (and the DSTWO is the best one), and you still can't do it on normal carts like the R4 clones and such.

Doyouwantaspoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Doyouwantaspoon said:

It WAS impossible until these special carts came out (and the DSTWO is the best one), and you still can't do it on normal carts like the R4 clones and such.
Oh man that is so awesome.. I have been out of the purchasing scene for a while, so I had no idea. This is great because my EZ-Flash IV for my GBA Micro doesn't work for crap.. Games don't even save.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know of any really outstanding cards that are supposed to be released in the near-future? (within like 2 months) I would rather wait if there is something better coming out soon.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Doyouwantaspoon said:
Rydian said:
Doyouwantaspoon said:

Oh man that is so awesome.. I have been out of the purchasing scene for a while, so I had no idea. This is great because my EZ-Flash IV for my GBA Micro doesn't work for crap.. Games don't even save.

Have you been using the EZ client to transfer your roms? If so, have you been SRAM patching them?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Doyouwantaspoon said:
Oh man that is so awesome..The emulation is not perfect, I suggest you check some reviews first.

QUOTE(Doyouwantaspoon @ Mar 7 2011, 08:40 PM) EDIT: Also, does anyone know of any really outstanding cards that are supposed to be released in the near-future? (within like 2 months) I would rather wait if there is something better coming out soon.
None. The only other outstanding card ise the Cyclo iEvolution which can run ROMs and homebrew in DSi mode on a DSi, but if you're using a DS/Lite that feature is useless, and many "DSi" ROM dumps aren't actually dumped properly and won't run in DSi mode.

Doyouwantaspoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
Have you been using the EZ client to transfer your roms? If so, have you been SRAM patching them?
Yikes.. I don't think so.. I remember when I first got it, I played through DKC3 perfectly fine, saving and all. i thought I was doing everything right, but nothing else worked..

Do you know where I can download that software at? I would like to get some use out of my GBA again..

Doyouwantaspoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
None. The only other outstanding card ise the Cyclo iEvolution which can run ROMs and homebrew in DSi mode on a DSi, but if you're using a DS/Lite that feature is useless, and many "DSi" ROM dumps aren't actually dumped properly and won't run in DSi mode.
I have a DSi and I don't even know what the hell DSi mode is. I don't think it's a feature I will regret not having.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Doyouwantaspoon said:
Oveneise said:
Yikes.. I don't think so.. I remember when I first got it, I played through DKC3 perfectly fine, saving and all. i thought I was doing everything right, but nothing else worked..

Do you know where I can download that software at? I would like to get some use out of my GBA again..

Here. Download the file "EZ4Client 1.03".

Doyouwantaspoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
Doyouwantaspoon said:
Oveneise said:

Here. Download the file "EZ4Client 1.03".
Thanks a ton man I've been wanting to play some Sonic Advance and Castlevania for a loooong time lol

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would recommend http://realhotstuff.com/supercard-dstwo-fr...ping-p-502.html
that one is free shipping, It is a bit pricey, BUT, they're shipping is AMAZINGLY fast.
I ordered a DStwo and it came in a DAY.
then i ordered 3 more and they came the next day too.
the first ink i posted may come in about 2 - 6 days probably.
http://realhotstuff.com/supercard-dstwo-p-499.html the oen with shipping costs came in a day for me, amazing lol.
dstwo is indeed the best as of right now, And it works on the new 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1