Hacking What is the best flashcart for DSi and where to buy it?

Goshogun1

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
471
Trophies
0
XP
89
Country
United States
From what I hear, there is only 1. Its called Acekard 2i. Try googling and see what shops sell it.

I hope to get a DSi someday, but $250 is a lot of money.
 

Goshogun1

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
471
Trophies
0
XP
89
Country
United States
I have heard bad things about the R4i. I would recommend the Acekard 2i from what I have heard. Or, wait a little while and see what else comes out. Like the M3i Real.
 

Sportsmaniac1322

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,183
Trophies
0
Location
Forman's Basement
Website
Visit site
XP
276
Country
United States
As of now the best flashcart out there for DSi is the Acekard2i. I'd wait until there are more choices if I were you though. We don't even know if the Acekard2i will still be working tomorrow. Until they make flashcarts more future-proof I don't think they're worth spending your money on. It'd be a waste of $20 if it stopped working.
 

kennypu

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
385
Trophies
0
XP
103
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
As of now the best flashcart out there for DSi is the Acekard2i. I'd wait until there are more choices if I were you though. We don't even know if the Acekard2i will still be working tomorrow. Until they make flashcarts more future-proof I don't think they're worth spending your money on. It'd be a waste of $20 if it stopped working.
or you could just not update your ds and not worry about the flashcart not working x]. Im waiting for my Acekard2i right now, but Ive heard the DSTTi works too :3
 

MFDC12

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
816
Trophies
1
Age
32
XP
892
Country
United States
kennypu said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
As of now the best flashcart out there for DSi is the Acekard2i. I'd wait until there are more choices if I were you though. We don't even know if the Acekard2i will still be working tomorrow. Until they make flashcarts more future-proof I don't think they're worth spending your money on. It'd be a waste of $20 if it stopped working.
or you could just not update your ds and not worry about the flashcart not working x]. Im waiting for my Acekard2i right now, but Ive heard the DSTTi works too :3
i think future games probably will require firmware updates, you know, like the wii/psp have?
and not updating could probably break some games.
 

kennypu

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
385
Trophies
0
XP
103
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
kennypu said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
As of now the best flashcart out there for DSi is the Acekard2i. I'd wait until there are more choices if I were you though. We don't even know if the Acekard2i will still be working tomorrow. Until they make flashcarts more future-proof I don't think they're worth spending your money on. It'd be a waste of $20 if it stopped working.
or you could just not update your ds and not worry about the flashcart not working x]. Im waiting for my Acekard2i right now, but Ive heard the DSTTi works too :3
i think future games probably will require firmware updates, you know, like the wii/psp have?
and not updating could probably break some games.
think about it, none of the wii games require you to update the system firmware for the games to work. psps i believe did for some games, but lets stick with nintendo.
Also another point. What do we use these flashcarts mostly for? Its to play ripped nds games. and these games will be played on the DS/DSL as well. Do those DS support firmware updates? No, so I dont think not updating your firmware on the DSi will cause much problems unless you plan to use the shop/DSiware features.
 

dfgged

Bridges
Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
112
Trophies
1
Location
Somewhere
XP
382
Country
United States
I would wait for some better flashcarts to come out before getting:
Acekard 2i
DSTTi
or
R4i.
Just wait till some better carts come out like M3i Real.
 

mathieulh

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
378
Trophies
0
Website
keybase.io
XP
897
Country
France
Don't buy from Dealextreme it's a huge scam, I ordered an acekard2i from them and after over 2 weeks of waiting I get an empty box ! their so called phone number : (+86) 1353-0080-484 is out of service and paypal does not handle anything as long as you recieve "something" !

Stay away from this scam as far as possible ! I can't even understand how some people here can recommand this site, they clearly never bought anything from it. I hope gbatemp staff do not stand for them because they recieve free flash carts or others.
 

Camshi

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
71
Trophies
0
Location
UK
XP
36
Country
As more teams come into the DSi scene, carts should improve hopefully but remember don't pay over-the-top prices because none of the current carts have seen any DSi unique titles, and thats where the TC could be planning to come in.

So price to pay shouldn't be too high, recommendations are AK 2i, EZ-Flash Vi & the NEW iTouch 2.
 

PraxxtorCruel

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
173
Trophies
0
XP
250
Country
@ Up

Your opinion!

lecture.gif
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Exactly. They're only good if you're willing to practice soldering, not for the long run.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i only use 'em to fix my own home appliances or personal projects/mods
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Home appliances would be a soldering gun, including plumbing. Normal soldering irons are for hobbyist projects/modchip installs.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    though i've heard plenty of people getting wrecked trying to ''fix'' their microwave
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Did somebody tell them to put something metal in there?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm wondering what's so hard about it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    🍆 <== This?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having bigger nuts than brains is genetic probably
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    That's what they tried to tell you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hypothetically.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    People won't believe me anyways untill shit happens. Youtube teaches everything they say... so ima just sit back and enjoy the mayhem
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If brain small, does that mean bigger balls? :unsure:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    no ,they have bigger balls
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    we can't possibly insinuate they have small brains, be modest and just tell 'em they have big balls so they feel better bout 'emselfs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, True lol.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    chat is this real?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chat is Ai
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    big balls are REAL
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    AI has balls too

    :rofl2:
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    Chat, is @HiradeGirl real?
    NinStar @ NinStar: Chat, is @HiradeGirl real?