Hacking What is the best flashcart for DSi and where to buy it?

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I hear, there is only 1. Its called Acekard 2i. Try googling and see what shops sell it.

I hope to get a DSi someday, but $250 is a lot of money.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard bad things about the R4i. I would recommend the Acekard 2i from what I have heard. Or, wait a little while and see what else comes out. Like the M3i Real.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As of now the best flashcart out there for DSi is the Acekard2i. I'd wait until there are more choices if I were you though. We don't even know if the Acekard2i will still be working tomorrow. Until they make flashcarts more future-proof I don't think they're worth spending your money on. It'd be a waste of $20 if it stopped working.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
As of now the best flashcart out there for DSi is the Acekard2i. I'd wait until there are more choices if I were you though. We don't even know if the Acekard2i will still be working tomorrow. Until they make flashcarts more future-proof I don't think they're worth spending your money on. It'd be a waste of $20 if it stopped working.
or you could just not update your ds and not worry about the flashcart not working x]. Im waiting for my Acekard2i right now, but Ive heard the DSTTi works too :3

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kennypu said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
or you could just not update your ds and not worry about the flashcart not working x]. Im waiting for my Acekard2i right now, but Ive heard the DSTTi works too :3
i think future games probably will require firmware updates, you know, like the wii/psp have?
and not updating could probably break some games.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
kennypu said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
i think future games probably will require firmware updates, you know, like the wii/psp have?
and not updating could probably break some games.
think about it, none of the wii games require you to update the system firmware for the games to work. psps i believe did for some games, but lets stick with nintendo.
Also another point. What do we use these flashcarts mostly for? Its to play ripped nds games. and these games will be played on the DS/DSL as well. Do those DS support firmware updates? No, so I dont think not updating your firmware on the DSi will cause much problems unless you plan to use the shop/DSiware features.

dfgged

Bridges
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would wait for some better flashcarts to come out before getting:
Acekard 2i
DSTTi
or
R4i.
Just wait till some better carts come out like M3i Real.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Don't buy from Dealextreme it's a huge scam, I ordered an acekard2i from them and after over 2 weeks of waiting I get an empty box ! their so called phone number : (+86) 1353-0080-484 is out of service and paypal does not handle anything as long as you recieve "something" !

Stay away from this scam as far as possible ! I can't even understand how some people here can recommand this site, they clearly never bought anything from it. I hope gbatemp staff do not stand for them because they recieve free flash carts or others.

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As more teams come into the DSi scene, carts should improve hopefully but remember don't pay over-the-top prices because none of the current carts have seen any DSi unique titles, and thats where the TC could be planning to come in.

So price to pay shouldn't be too high, recommendations are AK 2i, EZ-Flash Vi & the NEW iTouch 2.

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
@ Up

Your opinion!

lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all