Hacking What is the best CIOS to install at this moment

Golfje

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

I have CIOS rev10 installed at this moment..... But what is the best CIOS at this moment ???
Shall i install rev13a or shall i stay at rev10 ???

photek1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I'm sticking with rev10 until I get to a stage where things stop working, but so far all the games I have or wish to play work.

The only reason I went to rev10 was for the USB Loader GX.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rev10 if you use anything other than the usb loader that needs a cios.
mplayer ce, wii dvd dumper, wad maker, a lot of stuff code dumps (at least for me) on anything rev13a or 13b and on rev12 it's just wii dvd dumper.

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed from rev10 to rev12 and now a lot more games work that did not used to. I have had no negative effects from changing.

(games like Metroid no longer require a disc. Many games that used to freeze mid-way through now work perfectly...like PunchOut!)

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Innovative1 said:
I changed from rev10 to rev12 and now a lot more games work that did not used to. I have had no negative effects from changing.

Personally, I use 12 also because it fixes games that require a disc in the drive (Metroid Prime 3) and I've not noticed much of a difference over 10 but some people say that its slower.

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda new to all this, can someone school me quick on IOS's?

how do I find out what Rev i'm currently on? how do I install new ones? where do I get the new ones from?

much appreciated

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natemckn said:
Pippin666 said:
This crap is getting consufing, I hope the Christ Wanky will sort all those problems and fix it in a single version release.

He is working on it and his final release (rev14) is scheduled for July (no date specified). Hopefully it will fix all the bugs

Final release, eh? Hopefully the bugs will be gone. And if it managest to overcome the IOS Reload issue it will be the most cIOS ever.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i tried rev 13a/13b and found loads of my games didn't work so went back to rev 12 and all but 1 game works now so im happy :-)

But yes rev 14 is the last we shall see unless of course it has problems like rev 13a did then wan may make another update (14b) , but iv seen people saying they will stop making software then 6 months or so later just can't help them selfs and make more lol

paul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder how much damage it did to crts VS flat screens