Hacking What is stopping us from hacking into the ISOU using the Kernel exploit?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I h8 2 play the mod
Olease understnd
that this isn't EOF.

Also, OP, yes, we can run unsigned code with kernel privileges, yes, would be possible to access IOSU with it. The thing is, we don't know how to. We can run code, it's just that we don't know yet what we have to run exactly to get IOSU.

Last edited by SomeGamer,
Reactions: WeedZ

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In contrary to what I've read in this thread, there is proof of developers with fully functional IOSU exploits (not sure if they are all the same or not), and, subsequently, CFWs. The fact of the matter is that everything is ready and developed, but developers don't want to release it yet. And for good reason too. Threads like these make developers go "fuck it, I'm done".

Reactions: ajd4096

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In contrary to what I've read in this thread, there is proof of developers with fully functional IOSU exploits (not sure if they are all the same or not), and, subsequently, CFWs. The fact of the matter is that everything is ready and developed, but developers don't want to release it yet. And for good reason too. Threads like these make developers go "fuck it, I'm done".
@Hykem

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only proof Hykem ever had was the word of others. Anyway, he's inactive on this forum, deleted his Twitter account, and dropped out from the homebrew scene.
Exactly. And why did he do this...?
(It's not debatable he had an exploit, he leaked the keys. He didn't drop out because he was lying.)

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard snippets about it, the fact that it exists, but asking the members who referenced it gets me nowhere. On the other hand, why does Loadiine use Smash?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I've heard snippets about it, the fact that it exists, but asking the members who referenced it gets me nowhere. On the other hand, why does Loadiine use Smash?
Because it has SD access to save screenshots and you know, Loadiine loads the games from there. Mii Maker has SD access because QR and Mii picture saving to SD.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I h8 2 play the mod

that this isn't EOF.

Also, OP, yes, we can run unsigned code with kernel privileges, yes, would be possible to access IOSU with it. The thing is, we don't know how to. We can run code, it's just that we don't know yet what we have to run exactly to get IOSU.
This is the most honest post here. I was going to say that no one here knows how to do it, which is why they accuse op of not knowing anything instead of explaining why it hasn't been done. (Or demonstrated). Noobs asking stupid questions doesn't bother me near as much as people that freak out on them without knowing the answer themselves.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll challenge the statement about the private IOSU hack being "fully functional" - it is anything but.

So far all the evidence shows no one has been able to get it to work in a way it could possibly be released.
The "H" person realized this and gave up, as did SMEA, F0F and many others.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll challenge the statement about the private IOSU hack being "fully functional" - it is anything but.

So far all the evidence shows no one has been able to get it to work in a way it could possibly be released.
Smea, actually, released a video of his working implementation of the IOSU exploit.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They say they already have it, but they want the Wii U to be dead to Nintendo before they release it. It'd be fucking stupid if they released it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol