Gaming what is going to happen with the dsi

stylow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So now the 3ds is gonna take the place of dsi and dsi xl what is going to happen with the dsi.
Is it gonna last like the ds lite or something else
unsure.gif

sethirion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember that on one interview with Iowata said that they are not going to drop the support for DSi and will be launching more games.

Presumably more DSiWare, but I hope they can do a update for games (like DLC), or at least release a good DSi only game using all the features.

I hope it does not die soon since I have not got my hands on one.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It will still get some good titles in the next 2 years or so, but there will be way more shovelware released on it in those 2 years (and even beyond that). It won't get dropped so fast, thanks to it's massive userbase.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rydian said:
I say they need to drop it (just let games that are still in-development finish up) and move things to the 3DS.
+1
although, the shovelware can stay on the dsl/dsi
unsure.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The way they're going to phase out the DS line is the same way companies phase out the older consoles. People will make games for the older consoles for a year or two to give people time to switch. And after that, it'll be "lights out" for the whole DS lineup.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SmokeFox said:
The same thing that happened with GBA, GBa micro and all those old stuff, we will love it but we will move on to the new thing, or 3ds in this case/!
speak for yourself!
i just ordered a GBA micro with SMW for myself
smile.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
There will be a new Kirby game on the standard DS after the 3DS comes out and there willl probably be a few more titles by big publishers to let the console die quietly. On the GBA Square Enix's FF remakes were among the last published titles.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
The way they're going to phase out the DS line is the same way companies phase out the older consoles. People will make games for the older consoles for a year or two to give people time to switch. And after that, it'll be "lights out" for the whole DS lineup.

Hah, try saying that to the PlayStation 2.

Game Dragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are all assuming that the 3Ds will be a success I personally think it will be a flop like so many retailers I have spoken to them about the 3Ds they say the price is to high

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-