what is better? R4, Flash, M3..or something else?

dadangman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys
i'm new at this, just got a DS lite (black)
smile.gif

Been reading about the R4, the Flash, and the m3 card and everything

But what is the recommendation to get??

i guess i want the overall Mod that does everything, like play games, watch movies? or... each does a different task??

2 more Questions:
biggrin.gif

what is download play??
And does all these cards work for online multiplayer mode?

thanks in advance!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should wait for either the M3Real of G6DS Real, as they'll PROBABLY be the best on the market once released. Of course, if you can't wait for those, get an R4, which is probably the best overall slot 1 card.

Download play is single card multiplayer, where the person without the card accesses the download function on the NDS Main Menu. Most games on slot1 cards have little Download Play compatibility (something to do with RSA authentication or something).

Online multiplayer should always work on any card. However some report that it does not work, and this is most likely due to the TF card (unlikely), or a "dirty" dump of a rom

MoNoXiD3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you aren't worried about the price, DS-X is the best way to go. Download play 100% and I think roms are 100% too.

jonnyfive

Trophies
XP
Country
lie
n.
1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
v. lied, ly·ing (lng), lies
v.intr.
1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.
v.tr.
To cause to be in a specific condition or affect in a specific way by telling falsehoods: You have lied yourself into trouble.

Well, unless he intended to deceive by presenting information which he knew to be untrue, he clearly didn't lie. His information may have been incorrect, but he certainly didn't appeal to the definition of the word lie - so that statement didn't make him a 'liar.' But he is mistaken about 100% compatibility. No device currently on the market can make an accurate claim to 100% compatibility in all respects. If any device did in fact have 100% compatibility in all respects, this thread, and the many others like it, wouldn't exist.

That being said, the DS-X, the M3, and other slot 1 options all boast high compatibility. Indeed, the DS-X seems to have better download play capability, whereas certain others seem to have better single player compatibility.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, Ok, I apologize!
I am just annoyed when people think that DS-X is massively superior to other carts... I have one and it's certainly not as good as my other carts.
But anyway, sorry for offending you.

- Sam

EDIT: Waits for jonnyfive to come up with some other rant to make me look stupid
happy.gif

jonnyfive

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just not a fan of flaming, etc
tongue.gif
Didn't want yet another thread about this topic to go in that direction.

Honestly, I don't know why there is such a climate around the DS-X. Some people seem to fanatically support it, which I think is the cause of many people being so fanatically against it. I think part of it may go back to that original 9.5 rating in the review.

As I alluded to before, there isn't a clear winner in the slot 1 comparison. All of the newer cards have their advantages. On a side note, I'm curious to see if the DS-X developers do in fact utilize the FPGA to improve functionality of the device. I honestly have my doubts, but it is conceivably possible. It is probably more likely that they will simply release a new device and want more money, who knows.

If you really want a device with 100% compatibility, you're just going to have to wait for a while for the next generation or two of devices. These things improve in time, but some of the current options are pretty dang cool too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...